Tommy is a fan of 9th Wonders!
|Current status:||Issue #31 published, final complete issue|
| This article contains international text.|
Without proper rendering support, you may see question marks, boxes, or other symbols instead of the correct international text characters.
9th Wonders! is the name of a prophetic comic book, created by the New York, NY artist Isaac Mendez. For a gallery of images of 9th Wonders! (including covers and panels from inside the issues), see here.
For an episode-by-episode summary, see 9th Wonders!: Season One History.
For an episode-by-episode summary, see 9th Wonders!: Season Three History.
Hiro thumbs through Issue #5.
Trapped in a nightmare for what seems like years, Sylar gives Peter a copy of 9th Wonders!, Issue #13, with Uluru on the cover. Peter, angry with Sylar, tosses the peace offering off the roof. Later, Sylar wonders how Matt could have created the world in which he trapped Sylar--especially books. Peter suggests that perhaps Sylar read the books and retained their words in his subconscious, but Sylar counters that he never read 9th Wonders! Peter says that he did read the comic.
In Paris, France, Emily finds a copy of 9th Wonders! issue #31 at a comic book stand. Tommy is overjoyed, telling Emily that he had spent years looking for that issue and that there are rumours that the writer of 9th Wonders! was a precognitive evo. The cover of the issue appears to show Tommy and Erica Kravid in the future, overlooking a desolate landscape. The caption translates to "Nathan visits the future!".
- Hiro, bored during his long road trip through New Mexico and Texas, says that he has already read all his manga "a million times" and that his 9th Wonders! was in tatters. (Chapter 2)
- After teleporting to Times Square, Hiro's attention is grabbed by a 9th Wonders! comic book prominently displayed at the front of a comic book rack. The cover of the comic book was Hiro Nakamura in the middle of Times Square. Hiro went to look for help from Isaac Mendez, the writer and artist for 9th Wonders! (Chapter 3)
- Hiro recalls that he almost walked past the issue of 9th Wonders! that revealed his destiny, but something caught his eye and made him pick it up. On the cover was an illustrated image of Hiro himself in "perfect four-color detail". The image was of Hiro standing in the middle of Times Square with his arms outstreched. This is what made him realize he had a superpower. He was riveted to the comic, each panel of which showed Hiro's journey, from the clock at Yamagato to the karaoke bar. Hiro was too afraid to look at the next page, so he flipped the graphic novel over and looked at Isaac's address instead. He then worked up the courage to look at the next panel which would tell him how to get to Isaac Mendez's loft. He paid the newsie for the comic and left. (Chapter 17)
|This section is a stub. You can help by .|
In the eBook Brave New World, Tommy returns home at dawn from the evo support group meeting in Chicago. His mother hears him come in and bursts into his room with a 9mm Glock, but by the time the lights go on, Tommy is already reading the latest issue of Ninth Wonders.
- Many covers have alternate versions, alternating between showing an icon of the Helix or an icon of Uluru in the publisher stamp, showing nor not showing the issue #, and many having alternate versions published under the promo title Helix Comics.
- Three issues bear the Uncle Burk's Fine Comics publisher stamp, but have not appeared in any episodes.
- Issue #5 of Nathan flying is the only issue that varies in artwork and coloring.
- It's interesting to note that Issue #14, on newsstands five weeks in the future, contains events from both the present and future timelines. Therefore, depending on when Isaac drew it, it's possible that he accurately depicted both past (or at least present) and future events. Simone does mention that the comic is late; she must mean Issue #14, because #13 is already published and Isaac later tells Hiro #14 hasn't gone to the publisher. Therefore, the issue does in fact depict both present and future events, and Isaac's power is perhaps broader than imagined.
- It's also unclear whether Isaac realizes the comic is predicting future events, or whether he uses heroin when he produces it.
- In multiple interviews, the writers Joe Pokaski and Aron Coleite have said that 9 is an important number in the world of Heroes.
- The name is also used by 9thwonders.com, "The Official/Unofficial Fan Site for Heroes".
- As Micah chats with Hana, one of the tabs on his computer says "9th Wonders" (The Death of Hana Gitelman, Part 2). Jason Badower has said that this was to pay tribute to the 9thwonders.com message board posters who help keep his spirits high.
- The graphic novel The Trial of the Black Bear is listed as being presented by "9th Wonders! Manga Classics".
- A French version of the comic, entitled Les 9èmes Merveilles!, can be found in Paris.
- A Japanese version of the comic, entitled 9つめの不思議!, can be found at Sam's Comics in Tokyo.
- Isaac told a courier that he wrote his final issue (.07%). The final issue's number is currently unknown. It should be noted that months after Isaac talked about his final issue, Issue #16 was found in Tokyo. Later, Issue #31 arrived at Sam's Comics in Lawrence, Kansas. Another version of Issue #31 appearing to contain a completely different plot later appeared in Paris in 2015.
- The cover of the version of Issue #31 found by Tommy Clark in 2015 gives the first clue to Tommy's real identity: in English its titled "Nathan visits the future!" Nathan is Tommy's real name as revealed in June 13th, Part One.
- In a forum post, Tim Sale said that, in general, he draws the 9th Wonders! comic panels from screen captures of scenes that have already been filmed.
- At least four issue covers have appeared within (or on the cover) of 9th Wonders! issues. Issue #14's cover is shown within Issue #14 and within the Final Issue; Issue #16 is shown within Issue #16, and Issue #31 is shown on the cover of Issue #31.
- Fro a gallery of images of 9th Wonders!, see 9th Wonders! gallery.
- For the official/unofficial fan site containing Heroes Evolutions content, see 9thwonders.com.
- For a side-by-side comparison of the 9th Wonders! comics and the realization of those (and other prophecies), see prophecy.
- For a gallery of Isaac's work, see Isaac's paintings.
- For other 9th Wonders! comics covers drawn by artist Tim Sale for promotion use only, see Helix Comics.
9th Wonders! (gallery) • Activating Evolution • Costa Verde Telegraph • Escalating Evolution • Japanese Language Studies • The Journal • lasvegasniki.com • Miami Bugle • The Midland Chronicle • New York Chronicle • New York Journal • New York Telegraph • Newspaper clipping • Odessa Register • Sheindie Publishing • Uncle Burk's Fine Comics • US Press
|Other Things: Artwork • Catchphrases • Clothing • Documents • Drugs • Food • Items • Jewelry • Media • Medical Conditions • Money • Phones • Research • Technology • Vehicles • Weapons|