From Heroes Wiki
Hiro touches Ando and they both teleport.
Ability extension is the ability to extend one's ability outside of their own body. Ordinarily, the power is extended to another individual or object simply by placing a hand on the other person or thing.
The following abilities have been extended beyond the holder of the ability:
- Claude touches a pretzel and a staff, turning the objects invisible. (Distractions)
- Peter grabs Claire, rendering her invisible. (Landslide)
- Claude touches Molly's shoulder, rendering her invisible. (Rebellion, Part 7)
- Claude touches Thompson, rendering him invisible. (From the Files of Primatech, Part 5)
- D.L. grabs Jessica, allowing her to walk through the walls of Linderman's archives. (The Hard Part)
- D.L. and Jessica phase into Nathan's office. (Landslide)
- D.L. holds Jessica's hand and both phase through a security barrier to get into the Kirby Plaza building. (Landslide)
- D.L. phases himself and Niki out of Linderman's office. (How to Stop an Exploding Man)
- D.L. holds a girl and rescues her from a fire by phasing through her burning house. (Four Months Ago...)
- Peter phases himself and Adam to escape the Company. (Four Months Ago...)
- Samir phases the Mona Lisa out of its display as he holds on to Daphne, who phases a duplicate into the display case. (Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, Part 1)
- Sylar can transform his clothes as well as his body when assuming a new form. (I Am Sylar)
- Peter duplicates the President's suit when duplicating his form. (An Invisible Thread)
- Peter grabs Claude while being fired at by Mr. Bennet and the Haitian, and stops time. Claude can be seen breathing heavily while time is stopped. (Unexpected)
- Hiro grabs Ando, and the two teleport to New York in the future. (Parasite)
- Future Hiro takes Ando from New York City to a Las Vegas strip club. (Five Years Gone)
- Future Peter stops time, touches Ando and Future Hiro, and all three teleport away to safety. (Five Years Gone)
- Hiro and Ando time travel to the present, atop the Deveaux Building. (Five Years Gone)
- Hiro teleports himself and Ando out of Isaac's loft and into a grocery store. Later, he places his hand on Ando and teleports them both out of Virginia Gray's apartment. (The Hard Part)
- Hiro takes Ando out of Isaac's loft and into Yamagato Industries. (How to Stop an Exploding Man)
- Hiro stops time and touches Kensei's horse, teleporting the horse, Kensei and himself. (Four Months Later...)
- Hiro touches Kensei and takes him to Whitebeard's Hidden Fortress. (Kindred)
- Hiro teleports Yaeko and himself away from gunfire from Whitebeard. (The Line)
- While hugging Caitlin, Peter accidentally teleports the two from Montreal to 2008 New York. (The Line)
- Hiro teleports himself and his father through time and space. (Cautionary Tales)
- Hiro teleports himself and Adam out of the Company's vault. (Powerless)
- Hiro teleports himself and Ando to Paris. (The Butterfly Effect)
- Hiro teleports himself and Ando to Germany. (One of Us, One of Them)
- Hiro teleports Elle and Sylar to an unknown beach in Costa Verde. (The Eclipse, Part 2)
- Hiro teleports himself and Claire back in time 16 years (The Eclipse, Part 2)
- Hiro regains the time manipulation aspect of his ability and stops time while holding Matt Jr., causing Matt Jr to remain unfrozen with him. (Cold Snap)
- When Hiro stops time while touching Ando, Ando is not "frozen" like everyone else. (I Am Sylar, An Invisible Thread)
- Arnold teleports Samuel to the carnival fourteen years in the past and presumably back. (Orientation, Jump, Push, Fall)
- Peter is able to teleport both himself and Noah Bennet to Georgia from Washington, D.C. (Tabula Rasa)
- Arnold teleports Samuel to the Burnt Toast Diner two years in the past; he teleports Charlie to Milwaukee, January 26, 1944. (Once Upon a Time in Texas)
- An enraged Hiro teleports both himself and Samuel Sullivan three years through time to Samuel's carnival in the present, displaying control over his time travel ability for the first time since he regained control over it. (Once Upon a Time in Texas)
- Hiro is able to teleport Mohinder Suresh to Florida where he traps him in a mental hospital. (Brother's Keeper)
- Hiro teleports himself and Lydia back in time eight weeks in order to see the truth of Joseph's death and later teleports them back, although it requires intense concentration from him due to his lack of control. He later freezes time and extends it to Edgar in order to save him from Samuel and allow him to escape. (Thanksgiving)
- After Ando restores his sanity, Hiro immediately teleports himself, Mohinder Suresh and Ando to Noah Bennet's apartment in order to escape mental institution guards. (Close to You)
- Hiro teleports himself and Ando from the hospital to the Carnival in Central Park. (Brave New World)
- With Ando supercharging his power, Hiro is able to teleport all of the carnies to an unknown location with no apparent problems but requiring everyone to hold hands. (Brave New World)
- Daphne grabs Flint, and both flee Level Five at super speed. (Dying of the Light)
- Daphne grabs Matt and Ando and takes them both to Manhattan. (Our Father)
- Daphne grabs Ando, and (using Ando's ability) runs fast enough to travel through time to rescue Hiro. (Dual)
- Daphne grabs Hiro and takes him to Pinehearst and then back after he retrieves the genetic modification formula. (Dual)
- Daphne grabs Ando and takes him to the Flight 195 crash site. (Trust and Blood)
- Daphne grabs Claire, taking her out of Nathan's custody to the hillside near the crash site. (Trust and Blood)
- Rachel grabs Howie Kaplan, and both teleport to the ground. (Hanging By a Thread)
- Rachel grabs Anna Korolenko's hand and teleports with her, first, to an empty hallway high up in a building they are standing in front of, then into the next room. (Chapter 7 of The Agent)
- Rachel grabs Commander Klassen and teleports with him twenty feet above a building's fire escape. (Chapter 8 of The Agent)
- Rachel teleports with Hiro and Ando from Costa Verde to Florida, using Ando's ability in order to be able to teleport that far. (Chapter 3 of Faction Zero)
- While Matt is inside Angela's mind, Daphne touches him and also enters Angela's vision (It's Coming).
- While Peter is inside Sylar's mind, he touches him and attempts to pull them both out of the nightmare they are trapped in, but is unable to succeed due to the way the trap is set up. (The Wall)
- All the clothing and jewelry of the evolved humans seem to be affected by the extended abilities as well. For example, D.L.'s wedding band phases through the glass of a car window with his hand, and Claude's clothes turn invisible.
- Due to Peter's ability of empathic mimicry, it is unknown if other abilities are extended upon him, or if he is mimicking the ability simultaneously. For example, Peter is not affected by Future Hiro or Hiro stopping time (Collision, Truth & Consequences). Sylar was also able to extend phasing to pull Peter through a wall (Five Years Gone).
- Adam and Claire's ability of rapid cell regeneration allows for their blood to heal others, including Nathan from massive radiation scarring (Four Months Ago...), and Noah's eye to regrow and him recovering from death (Cautionary Tales).
- Some abilities are not extended due to the nature of the ability. For example, flight does not enable another person to fly simply by touch. Instead, the ability's carrier must physically hold the individual using his/her own strength (Cautionary Tales, Powerless).
- Claude's assignment tracker profile specifically mentions his ability extension: "[Claude] is able to extend his ability to objects and people outside of himself by making physical contact with them while he is invisible. His ability allows him to see what would otherwise be invisible to the average person."
- There seems to be a limit as to how large an object can be affected. Claude can cause poles to become invisible but when he touched things like doors or walls they stay visible. It's also possible that Claude simply chooses not to extend his ability to such objects.
Claude imperceptibly steals vendors' food.
Claude uses his ability to hide Molly.
D.L. and Jessica don't need security access to get into the Kirby Plaza building.
The two enter Linderman's office the hard way.
D.L. to the rescue.
Daphne is able to take advantage of Samir's phasing ability when she makes physical contact with him.
...so they can teleport out of Linderman's archives.
Hiro and Ando escape Sylar's grasp.
Hiro and Ando get out of Virginia Gray's apartment.
Hiro quickly teleports Ando from Isaac's loft...
...to Yamagato Industries.
Samir is able to take advantage of Daphne's super speed when he makes physical contact with her.
- For the similar phenomenon of extending the extraordinary properties of one's own blood to another, see blood recipients.