Bag and tag
|Bag and tag|
The Haitian abducts Matt.
- 1 About
- 1.1 Genesis
- 1.2 Collision
- 1.3 Seven Minutes to Midnight
- 1.4 Company Man
- 1.5 Graphic Novel:Hell's Angel
- 1.6 .07%
- 1.7 Graphic Novel:It Takes a Village, Part 4
- 1.8 Graphic Novel:Golden Handshake, Part 4
- 1.9 Four Months Later...
- 1.10 Graphic Novel:The Crossroads
- 1.11 Kindred
- 1.12 The Line
- 1.13 Graphic Novel:Team Building Exercise
- 1.14 Four Months Ago...
- 1.15 Graphic Novel:Special
- 1.16 Graphic Novel:Blindsided
- 1.17 Graphic Novel:Different and the Same
- 1.18 Graphic Novel:Donna's Big Date, Part 1
- 1.19 Graphic Novel:Faces, Part 1
- 1.20 Graphic Novel:Root and Branch, Part 1
- 1.21 Graphic Novel:The Kill Squad, Part 1
- 1.22 Graphic Novel:Berlin, Part 1
- 1.23 Graphic Novel:Berlin, Part 2
- 1.24 Webisode:Going Postal, Part 1
- 1.25 Webisode:Going Postal, Part 3
- 1.26 Graphic Novel:Going Postal
- 1.27 Villains
- 1.28 Webisode:The Recruit, Part 5
- 1.29 Orientation
- 1.30 Acceptance
- 1.31 Graphic Novel:Boom
- 1.32 Tabula Rasa
- 1.33 Strange Attractors
- 1.34 Once Upon a Time in Texas
- 1.35 Shadowboxing
- 1.36 Upon This Rock
- 1.37 Let It Bleed
- 1.38 The Wall
- 2 Heroes Evolutions
- 3 Memorable Quotes
- 4 Notes
While ransacking Chandra's apartment in Madras, Mr. Bennet talks on the phone to somebody from the Company. Bennet tells the other party about the research items that are in the apartment, and that they should "get a team in here to bag and tag everything."
At the FBI Headquarters in Los Angeles, Ted Sprague tells Matt and Audrey about his encounter with a Haitian student. Two days later, Ted woke up miles away from where he thought he was, covered in cuts and bruises. Matt asks Ted about his health--if he had headaches. Ted replies that he had headaches.
At the crossroads, the Haitian conjures a vision of people from his village. To the Haitian, they represent the transgressions he has committed against "every person I've ever 'bagged and tagged' in the name of 'the Company.'"
In 2003, Mr. Bennet and the Haitian track down and capture Howard Grigsby in Peach Pit, GA, who had been on a killing spree and had the Butler family held hostage. Howard is then taken to one of the Company's Level-Five detention cells.
Elle's and Thompson, Jr.'s surveillance mission becomes a bag-and-tag after their subject, Donna Dunlap, shoots at Thompson, Jr. from half a block a way at night. Donna tries to flee, but is subdued and captured by Elle.
Penny Logan, later joined by her mother Connie, bag and tag two Company targets. Penny captures first a man in Manhattan she has been told emits nerve gas. Afterwards, Penny travels with Connie to Levittown where they bag a man Bob claims is able to teleport.
The Company sends at least three teams of agents to simultaneously capture multiple clones of Julien Dumont. The teams (Thompson, Jr. and Donna Dunlap outside an Antarctic base, Bianca Karina and Devin Patterson outside the Nat & Noo Hotel in Australia, and Sabine Hazel outside a shack in Congo) are coordinated by Sabine's partner. The Antarctica clone and Australia clone are successfully bagged, but the Congo clone escapes and jumps to his death.
In Austin, Texas, Thompson and Meredith go to a shantytown and approach Danny Pine, a Vietnam veteran. Meredith asks if she should use her power but Thompson tells her it's a training mission and she should wait for his orders. Thompson approaches Pine and identifies himself as a representative from the V.A. Pine wonders what happened to his previous V.A. representative and Meredith hastily steps in. Pine doesn't believe them, turns his hand into solid metal, and knocks Thompson down. Meredith superheats his hand and takes Thompson’s taser, then stuns Pine. Impressed, Thompson welcomes her to the Company.
Noah says that bagging and tagging was not a good thing to accomplish in life and it was his only thing he accomplished.
Noah wants to bag and tag Amanda, but Meredith argues against it, saying that they need to get her out of the town and help her. After Amanda blows up a car, Noah attempts to taser her, but is stopped by Meredith. Noah decides to let her go when he gets a text calling them back to headquarters.
Noah Bennet tells Peter Petrelli that he bagged and tagged Jeremy Greer several years ago, and erased his memory of the capture. Noah regrets having just abandoned Jeremy, and decides to set things right by helping him with his ability.
|This section is a stub. You can help by .|
|This section is a stub. You can help by .|
Julien Dumont's assignment tracker notes that Agent Ivan Spektor captured the root Julien in Bruges, Belgium, where Dumont was operating a petty crime ring spanning three countries, assisted by a number of his clones.
"I was in Kansas a couple months back. I'd just made a big sale to the university hospital--dialysis machines. Commission was gonna give Karen and me enough money to--. I went to the hotel bar. Buy everybody a few rounds. There weren't many people there--a couple from Wyoming, some professors, a student from Haiti. The next thing I know, I'm waking up in my car. It's two days later, and I'm in Tempe, Arizona. These weird cuts and bruises all over me. A couple of days later, I start to notice things. I'd buy my wife flowers, and they'd wilt."
"They got to [Isaac]. You said yourself he disappeared for a bit, right?...Well, that's how it works. At least, that's how it did in my day. You drop off the face of the earth for a few days, wake up with a memory hole, a killer headache, and a souvenir. Did he have a set of these?"
"He abducts people! He drugs us! He injects us with I don't know what."
- The exact purpose of the Company's "bag and tag" missions is unclear. It is also unclear how they choose their targets.
- Both Matt and Ted believe that their abductions either kickstarted or augmented their powers. There is no proof that this is the case.
- There seems to be a correlation between the Company's abductions and the Mark, though nothing is explicitly stated. If there is a connection, then Hana's abduction (Wireless, Part 1) and Isaac's kidnapping (Seven Minutes to Midnight) may have also been "bag and tag" missions. Additionally, Claude may have been the target of this mission years ago.