From Heroes Wiki
Tim Sale and Jeph Loeb created Batman: The Long Halloween.
Batman, created in 1939 by Bob Kane for DC Comics, is one of the most beloved and intriguing comic book superheroes ever. Batman's alter ego is the wealthy playboy Bruce Wayne. Orphaned at a young age, Bruce was raised by his butler Alfred. One of the most unique aspects of Batman is that he is a human who has no superpowers. Instead, he relies on "his own scientific knowledge, detective skills, and athletic prowess." He created his own suit, complete with a multifunctional utility belt. In some versions, Batman wears a costume that resembles tights. Batman, along with his sidekick Robin, uses his skills to practice vigilantism and fight his enemies, including Catwoman, The Joker, The Penguin, and The Riddler.
D.L. tells Micah that the two of them are going to work together as partners. Micah asks him if they're going to be like Batman and Robin. D.L. assures his son that they will indeed be like Batman and Robin, just without the tights.
Ando refers to himself as "Batman", saying that Batman fights alone.
Finally, Hiro tells Ando that even Batman needs a partner.
- In an entry on his blog, Hiro references Batman and Bruce Wayne's butler when he says, "Maybe father can whip up a utility belt. Where's my Alfred when I need one?"
"It's going to be you and me from here on out. Partners."
"You mean like Batman and Robin?"
"Yeah, like Batman and Robin. Only, I ain't wearing no tights."
"It sounds dangerous. Does Batman put Robin in danger when he sets a trap for Catwoman?"
"Sometimes. To teach him a lesson."
- Sam and Sam's Comics are named after Sam Loeb, Jeph Loeb's son, and the writer of Superman/Batman, Issue #26, The Boys Are Back in Town.
- The animated series The Batman may have paid homage to Heroes. A character named Gray squints to manipulate time. He also has a clock-making company known as "Gray & Son Repair".
- Alfred is the name of Angela's manservant, no doubt a reference to the Wayne butler Alfred.
- Greg Beeman stated on his blog that the decision to not directly show Noah slitting Sylar's throat could have been influenced by a similar technique used in The Dark Knight.
- Eric Roberts played Salvatore Maroni in The Dark Knight.
- Samuel's casting call compared him to the Joker, Batman's arch-nemesis.
- Heroes graphic novel crew who frequently work under Batman titles are: Tom Grummett, Gene Ha, Phil Jimenez, Staz Johnson, Jim Lee, Joe Kelly, Chuck Kim, Alex Ross, Tim Sale, and Dave Stewart.
- Other Heroes graphic novel crew who worked under Batman titles are:
- Adam Archer (The Batman Strikes!)
- Joe Casey (Batman: Tenses, Superman/Batman)
- Chris Cross (Batman: Battle for the Cowl, JLA)
- Michael Gaydos (The Batman Chronicles)
- J.T. Krul (Batman: Joker's Asylum)
- Dan Panosian (Batman: False Face)
- Duncan Rouleau (JLA, 52)
- Mark Sable (Two-Face: Year One)
- Steven T. Seagle (Batman: Black and White)
- Peter Steigerwald (Superman/Batman, Identity Crisis, Justice League of America)
- Koi Turnbull (Batgirl, Batman: Gotham Knights, Justice Leagues: Justice League of Arkham)
- Michael Turner (Batman Legends, Superman/Batman, Identity Crisis, Justice League of America)
The Joker welcomes Mohinder to Akrham Asylum.
|Other References: References to Books and Authors • References to Films • References to Games • References to Heroes • References to Other Works • References to Television • References to People • Miscellaneous References|