Burnt Toast Diner
|Burnt Toast Diner|
The Burnt Toast Diner is a diner in Midland, TX. Sheriff Davidson and his deputy Lloyd frequent this diner. Charlie worked there hoping to earn enough money to travel the world. It is open 24 hours a day.
- 1 Notable Employees
- 2 Notable Visitors
- 3 About
- 3.1 Seven Minutes to Midnight
- 3.2 Homecoming
- 3.3 Six Months Ago
- 3.4 Fallout
- 3.5 The Fix
- 3.6 Graphic Novel:Road Kill
- 3.7 .07%
- 3.8 Five Years Gone
- 3.9 Villains
- 3.10 Graphic Novel:Scenic Route
- 3.11 Tabula Rasa
- 3.12 Once Upon a Time in Texas
- 3.13 Shadowboxing
- 3.14 Pass/Fail
- 3.15 Graphic Novel:Reaching Out, Part 1
- 4 Memorable Quotes
- 5 Notes
- 6 Trivia
- 7 External Links
- 8 Gallery
- Charlie Andrews
- "Sandra" (Claire Bennet in a possible future)
- Andy (in a possible future)
- Hiro Nakamura (for a time)
- A waitress
- Noah Bennet
- Burnt Toast Diner patron
- Lloyd Collins
- Sheriff Davidson
- Lauren Gilmore
- Ando Masahashi
- Isaac Mendez
- Hiro Nakamura
- Matt Parkman
- Angela Petrelli
- Peter Petrelli
- Ted Sprague
- Tracy Strauss
- Samuel Sullivan
Hiro and Ando eat at this diner during their "mission". A man at another table telekinetically pulls a mug towards him. He is wearing a broken watch — it is Sylar. Unbeknownst to the two men visiting from Tokyo, Sylar watches them and Charlie. Later, a waitress finds Charlie murdered in a back room, her head sliced open. Sylar is nowhere to be found.
Hiro attempts to convince Charlie that he is from the future and trying to save her life. He uses his power to impress her, but later, in real time, Hiro tells Ando that he cannot use his power to change the past.
After picking up Isaac at the bus depot, Ando and Hiro go back to the diner with the clairvoyant painter. As they sit at a booth, they discuss major events of their lives so far (including Hiro's trip to the future, Isaac's future brain removal, and the impending explosion. Isaac shows the two Japanese men a sketch that came true, depicting Hiro and Charlie talking together in the diner. Isaac then tells them about the painting of the exploding man.
Claire and Zach come to the diner and use Zach's laptop to find information on Claire's biological parents. It is here that they learn of an apartment fire that occurred fourteen years earlier in Kermit, TX. Though the article claims that a woman, Meredith Gordon, and her 18-month-old daughter died in the fire, Claire and Zach hope that this could lead her to any relatives who may know of her biological father.
In the future, Claire Bennet (known as "Sandra") is a waitress at the Burnt Toast Diner. Her father comes in to warn her that she needs to run away again, but she does not flee in time to escape Matt Parkman, who captures her there.
In the Burnt Toast Diner, Tracy and Angela discuss Tracy's involvement with the specials training facility. Tracy tells Angela that not all abilities are as positive has her's. She then guilt-trips Angela into giving her money, implying her that if her sister had a place like it rather than Coyote Sands, she would be better off. Angela gives Tracy a cheque and then leaves. Tracy receives a call from Lauren Gilmore.
"No wonder everyone in America is so fat. All there is to eat is waffles and french fries."
- Though the sign on the window says "Burnt Toast Cafe", the characters (and the screen text) refer to the establishment as "Burnt Toast Diner".
- In .07%, Mr. Bennet recommends the cherry pie to Matt and Ted, indicating that he has most likely visited before. It was later confirmed that he had in Once Upon a Time in Texas. The mention of the diner's cherry pie may be a reference to Twin Peaks, whose character "Dale Cooper" loved the "damn fine" cherry pie served at the Double R Diner.
- According to Saving Charlie, Lynette is the manager of the Burnt Toast Diner.
- The Burnt Toast Diner is named after the Burnt Toast Restaurant in Boulder, Colorado, which is owned by Tim Kring's brother, Buddy.
- The diner's street address is 143. (Homecoming)
- According to an Inside Heroes video, the set for Wandering Rocks was built in the same location as the Burnt Toast Diner's set. According to the commentary for Angels and Monsters, the set was later used to film scenes at the "specials for hire" bar. All three sets were built on the Universal backlot.
- According to an NBC auction, the BTD menu includes items such as waffles, ham and eggs, pancakes, burgers and fries, sundaes, pies, and ice cream.
Charlie waits on Sheriff Davidson at the Burnt Toast Diner.
The diner displays a bulletin board of photographs, including one from Charlie's birthday party.
A sketch depicts Charlie greeting Hiro and Ando, and then Hiro and Charlie talking at the diner.
Ads for the diner are found in Odessa, TX.
In Hiro's hallucination, the Burnt Toast Diner is a court room.
Tracy and Angela have dinner at the Burnt Toast Diner.
(Reaching Out, Part 1)