|This article is a stub. You can help by .
In particular, this article needs references to Hiro and Arnold from Season 5.
Samson needs to breathe from an oxygen tank to live.
|First reference:||The Crane|
Cancer is an illness in which a group of body cells grow uncontrollably, invading and destroying nearby tissues. It is a serious medical condition which affects millions every year, including some characters from Heroes.
- 1 Afflicted Characters
- 2 About
- 3 Notes
- 4 Gallery
- Arnold (deceased due to unrelated causes)
- Samson Gray
- Hiro's grandfather (succumbed)
- Linderman's mother (cured)
- Mrs. Millbrook (succumbed)
- Hiro Nakamura (cured)
- Ivan Spektor's daughter (succumbed)
- Karen Sprague (succumbed)
At the Spragues' home in Los Angeles, Matt finds methotrexate, an anti-cancer drug. The doctor who prescribed the drug is the oncologist Robert Fresco. Later at a Los Angeles hospital, Ted explains that his uncontrollable use of his power caused his wife to be exposed to the radiation effects of his ability. This caused her to develop cancer.
Sylar is ready to seek revenge on his father after finding him in a hidden trailer in the woods. He is shocked to find that his father is dying of cancer. Because he is dying, Samson says he doesn't mind if Sylar kills him. However, when Samson sees Sylar's ability to heal himself, he covets the power, and attempts to take it. Sylar overpowers Samson, but does not kill him, and instead chooses to let the cancer finish him off.
- In the unaired pilot, Amid Halebi's radioactive ability has caused his wife to develop and die of cancer. Much of this storyline was reattributed to Ted's character.
- Noah says that Hiro has a tumor (and that Claire's regenerative blood would only make it grow faster because it is living tissue) (Tabula Rasa). Although many tumors are cancerous, Hiro's tumor is not necessarily the result of cancer.
|Other Things: Artwork • Catchphrases • Clothing • Documents • Drugs • Food • Items • Jewelry • Media • Medical Conditions • Money • Phones • Publications • Research • Technology • Vehicles • Weapons|