Chiribiquete National Park
|Chiribiquete National Park|
- Borjas Cartel
- Male and female hikers
The park, located in southeastern Colombia, is mostly in Colombia's Caquetá department, but a small part reaches into Colombia's Guaviare department. The entirety of the park is located south of the Vaupés river, which stretches from Brazil westward through the department of Vaupés and into central Guaviare. Mountain ranges and dense tropical forests span throughout the park.
The newspaper article Hana posted on August 6, 2007, notes that hikers were exploring the mountain ranges of the park when they spotted a town. They decided to enter the town to replenish their water supply and found dozens of dead bodies, all of whom seemed to have a peculiar substance near their eyes. The deaths were assumed to be casualties from the ongoing dispute between the Borjas Cartel and constructors that want to develop the area.
The reporter, Mario Delolmo, obtained his information through a male and female hiker that preferred to remain anonymous. The report is from the city of San José del Guaviare, located in the northwesternmost corner of the Guaviare department of Colombia and far from the park.
- The official name of the park is Parque Nacional Natural Chiribiquete, which translates to Chiribiquete Natural National Park.
- The Chiribiquete Emerald, a rare species of hummingbird only found in Colombia, is found here.
- The Nukak, a nomadic tribe that was uncontacted until 1988, live in this region between the Guaviare and Inírida rivers of Guaviare.
- Official Government Park WebSite
- Static Map of the Park from About.com
- Dynamic Map of the Park from MSN Encarta
Bangalore, India • Buenos Aires, Argentina • Charlie's apartment • Chiribiquete National Park • Hiro's apartment • Midland Motor Lodge • Mohinder's office • Monasterio de la Cruz • Music City Mall • Norway • Panama Canal • The Quarry • Ruins of Copán • St. Nicasius Catholic Church • Seville, Spain • University of Virginia • The Vasquezes' home
|Related Evolutions Portals: Books • Characters • Websites • Other|