From Heroes Wiki
|Language(s) Spoken:||French, Kongo/Kituba, Lingala|
The Republic of the Congo, also known as Congo-Brazzaville (Brazzaville is the capital city) or the Congo, is a country located in the western part of Central Africa. The terrain is a variation of coastal plains, mountainous regions, plateaus and fertile valleys; about 70 percent of the country's area is covered by rain forest. Several rivers roam the countryside, including the Congo River at the border with the Democratic Republic of the Congo, and the Kouilou-Niari River.
- Congolese shack (in Brazzaville, Congo)
Sabine Hazel attempts to apprehend the Congo duplicate in a shack. She tries to tase him, but he fires back and flees the shack into the jungle. Sabine chases him until he reaches the edge of a cliff, where he plummets to his death.
- Congo is bordered by Gabon, Cameroon, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, the Angolan exclave province of Cabinda, and the Gulf of Guinea, part of the Atlantic Ocean.
- To avoid confusion, neighboring country the Democratic Republic of the Congo, which was formerly Zaire and the Belgian Congo, is never referred to as just Congo. Shortened names for it include DR Congo, DRC, and RDC.
- The Republic of Congo was a French colony until its independence in 1960. A new Marxist government was then formed, which ruled until 1992 when the country became a multi-party democracy. However, a brief civil war in 1997 ended in the restoration of former Marxist President Denis Sassou Nguesso to power.
- Congo is one of the most urbanized countries in Africa, with 85% of its total population living in a few urban areas and vast areas of tropical jungle in the north virtually uninhabited. Most of the population of Congo resides in the southwestern portion of the country.
- Google Map of the Republic of the Congo
- Congo History at Wikipedia
- Congo's United Nations website
- Congo at Wikitravel
Afghanistan • Alaska • Albany, OR • Annapolis, MD • Antarctica • Arizona • Atlanta, GA • Au Co's village • Australia • Billings, MT • Black Hawk, CO • Bradford, England • Carlsbad, NM • Cape Town, South Africa • Central American town • Cody, WY • Congo • Coronado, CA • Côte d'Azur, France • Denver, CO • Germany • Goa, India • Guyana • Haitian village • Hiroshima, Japan • Hong Kong, China • Israel • Ithaca, NY • Kingsland, AR • Lake Arrowhead, CA • Levittown, NY • London, England • Londonderry Township, PA • Memphis, TN • Milan, Italy • Missoula, MT • Northfork, CT • Paro, Bhutan • Peach Pit, GA • Pittsburgh, PA • Port Arlesburgh • Savannah, GA • Silver River, WV • Tanzania • Vietnam • Waterbury, CT • Youngstown, OH
|Related Graphic Novel Portals: Characters • Issues • Places|