David A. Armstrong
From Heroes Wiki
|David A. Armstrong|
|Title||Director of Photography|
David A. Armstrong was the Director of Photography in charge of filming the Heroes webisode, The Recruit.
David A. Armstrong has been behind the camera for many films and a few television series. David has been a camera operator for such films as Witchcraft IV: The Virgin Heart (1992), The Nutty Professor (1996), Nurse Betty (2000) and Carriers (2007); and for episodes of series including "Mann & Machine (1992), Crime & Punishment (1993) and CBS Schoolbreak Special (1996). He was the director of photography / cinematographer for the series of Saw films from Saw I (2004) through Saw V (2008), episodes of the television series Lyric Cafe (2002), and for other films such as Norman and God (1986), Friday Night Blues (1995), John (1998), Tales from the Crypt Presents: Revelation (2001), Skinwalkers (2006), and Kill Theory (2009).
David has also produced a few films including as associate producer for New Suits (2001) and sIDney (2002), and as producer for 2:13 (2008). In addition to cinematography and producing, he has acted as a bouncer in the film Witchcraft IV: The Virgin Heart (1992).
- In 1997, David A. Armstrong won the Mary Pickford Foundation's Cinematography Award. In 1998, David won the Franklin J. Schaffner Fellows Award. Both awards were presented by the American Film Institute.
- In 1999, David won the Heritage Award from the American Society of Cinematographers for his work on the short film John. For the same film and year, he won the Student Academy Award Gold from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences.
- In 2001, he won the Showcase Award from the International Cinematographers Guild for New Suits.
- David Armstrong graduated from Santa Barbara High School (Santa Barbara, CA) with the Class of 1981.
- The first of the Saw series of films won awards from both the Toronto and Sundance film festivals.
- For other uses of David, see David (disambig).
|Webisodes Other Crew||
Sean Albertson (editor) • Jesse Alexander (story creator) • Renetta Amador (script supervisor) • David A. Armstrong (director of photography) • Collin Ayers (sound editor) • Ryan Ayers (sound designer) • Jennifer Barak (music editor) • Erika Berube (special effects makeup) • Adam Breuchaud (hair & makeup) • Diane Calhoun (assistant director) • Mark Camperell (sound designer) • Lisa Marie DeRoma (hair and makeup) • Levi Dertner (assistant) • David Duet (electrician) • Rand Gamble (colorist) • Natalie Hart (casting director) • Jason La Padura (casting director) • Cesar Lemus (storyboard artist) • Jordan Levy (director of photography) • R.J. McCasland (key makeup) • Alvin Mears (animal wrangler) • Kristin Mente (assistant director) • Tyler Moore (onset medic) • John Newby (director of photography) • Andrew Orloff (visual effects supervisor) • Carrie Oyer (production coordinator) • Kendra Patterson (casting) • Drew Pierce (special effects coordinator) • Augy Plotquin (various roles) • Nicholas Plotquin (production designer) • Tyler Poppe (production assistant) • Abby Roll (hair stylist) • Edgar Sardarian (assistant) • Julia Sherman (still photographer) • Matt Schleicher (production assistant) • Fred Schroeder (director of photography) • Ryan Sheffer (online editor) • Rachel Spenst (production assistant) • Jay Verkamp (sound mixer) • Cristina Waltz (special effects makeup) • Zach Wilson (production assistant) • Jake Worden (assistant director)