Dungeons & Dragons
From Heroes Wiki
|Dungeons & Dragons|
Dungeons & Dragons
|First reference:||Hiro's blog|
Dungeons & Dragons is a well-known tabletop fantasy role-playing game currently published by Wizards of the Coast. It was the first widely-successful, commercially available role-playing game. The game in and of itself is free-form, with the players able to create characters, locations, quests, and even items and creatures. It is played with the use of numerous dice, each with a different side count, and each character is played on a levelling up basis, starting at lower levels and then gradually moving up with their group. Each game is controlled by a dungeon master (DM), who has ultimate control of all aspects out of the normal players control, including things from environment to whether a door is locked or not. It is the goal of the players to "conquer" the DM by passing the quest they have set for them, with the DMs being interchangeable each time a new "game" is started.
- In Stardate 1767.5, speaking of the sword, Hiro writes: "I wonder if it's magical. +4 to dexterity?"
- Hiro lists Future Hiro's D&D stats as being:
- Hiro (Future)
- STR: 14 (I'm going to have to work out more to get this)
- DEX: 18 (with +4 modifier) (ditto as above)
- CON: 12
- INT: 18 (I can use magic)
- WIS: 17 (I survive till the future so I have to be wise (^o^))
- CHA: 15
- Race: Human (Japanese)
- Alignment: Lawful Good
- AC: -1 (I would think that I would be wearing lighter gear, but get AC
- dexterity bonus)
- Class: Kensei
It is interesting to note that Hiro appears to play 2nd edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, since his AC seems to be based on the 2nd edition armor class system rather than the current 3.5 edition's system. Hiro lists his class as Kensei from the Oriental Adventures book of 1st Edition AD&D.
- In Stardate 1739.1, Hiro hears that "Bahamut is right around the corner."
- In Stardate 1764.3, Hiro says, "He might be our Dungeon Master and hence we're not allowed to talk to him." In Dungeons & Dragons, the Dungeon Master is the player responsible for crafting and leading the story. The DM does not portray a character, but instead acts out all of the non-player characters with whom the characters interact.
- In Stardate 1774.2, Hiro referencing the character Dungeon Master from the 1980's cartoon Dungeons & Dragons by saying, "I've always thought that Dungeon Masters were short with long gray hair and beards wearing a red robe." He also says, "Probably doesn't have a +4 dexterity modifier. The way Mr. Isaku drew it though, it seemed like a two handed katana."
- Kensei is the name of the Samurai swordmaster that Hiro admires, and the name Kensei is also used to denote a special character class in Dungeons & Dragons. The literal translation of kensei is sword saint.
|Other References: References to Books and Authors • References to Comics • References to Films • References to Heroes • References to Other Works • References to Television • References to People • Miscellaneous References|