|Portrayed by||Kristen Bell|
|First appearance||Fight or Flight|
|Known ability||Electric manipulation|
|Formal name||Eleanor Zoe Bishop|
|Nicknames||The Bitch, Fulgora|
|Date of birth||1983|
|Place of birth||New York|
|Date of death||Sometime between March 2007 and December 1, 2008|
|Occupations||Agent of the Pinehearst Company, |
former trainer and agent of the Company
|Significant other||formerly Gabriel Gray|
|Parents||Bob Bishop (deceased), unnamed mother (deceased)|
Elle Bishop was an evolved human with the ability to generate electricity, and was the daughter of Bob Bishop. Elle was recruited as a trainer and agent after a long time of brutal experimentation that left Elle mentally unstable and homicidal. Upon her father's death, Elle was fired by new director Angela Petrelli. After beginning a romance with newly-reformed Sylar, she thought things were beginning to look up. Sylar soon discovered she was part of a web of lies created against him and killed her after giving up on himself and deciding neither of them would ever change.
- 1 Character History
- 2 Heroes Evolutions
- 3 Evolved Human Abilities
- 4 Heroes Reborn App
- 5 Memorable Quotes
- 6 Notes
- 7 See Also
- 8 Fan Theories
For an episode-by-episode summary, see Elle Bishop: Season Two History.
Elle is given the task to find Peter in Ireland. She finds him, but her presence is alerted to Ricky before she can arrive. Elle meets Ricky at the Wandering Rocks and asks if he's seen Peter. He says he hasn't, but Elle is not convinced. She walks over to the door, locks it and welds it shut. She then proceeds to send a huge bolt of electricity at Ricky. Later, in her car, Elle explains to her father that she found that Peter was in Ireland, but she hasn't found him. After admitting to killing Ricky, she's ordered to come home.
Four months before, Peter has just emerged from his invisibility after dropping Nathan off at a hospital when Elle fires a large bolt of lightning at him, knocking him unconscious. When asked by Bob whether she had to use a 'full blast' on him, she smiles and replies that "he can take it". Over the next two months, Elle continues to administer Peter "Haitian pills" so he cannot use his ability, saying that they are trying to find a cure. She shows Peter strange affection by continually shocking him before she leaves. One day, she opens up to Peter by telling her life story to Peter: she burned down her grandmother's house when she was six, caused a multi-county blackout in Ohio when she was 8, spent her ninth birthday in a glass room with an IV of lithium in her arm, and lived in the building for sixteen years after being diagnosed a sociopath with paranoid delusions. As a result, she has never been on a roller coaster or been on a date. Peter later escapes, and Elle is sent with the Haitian to capture Peter and Adam.
After her assignment in Ireland, Elle is partnered with Mohinder to eliminate Noah and capture Claire. After Mohinder picks up Noah, he asks Mohinder who his partner is, and Elle appears from behind a van, saying 'Hey you' and begins manifesting her power while walking towards them. However, she gets tackled into a car by West, knocking her unconscious. Elle is taken to Noah's house where her hands and bare feet are chained in a bath of water. Noah says that he needs to speak with her father, and after shocking herself, Noah then goes on to tell Elle that he was there when she first arrived at the company, that she was just a normal girl; but then they started testing on her, that the human brain cannot handle the amounts of electricity they gave her. Elle says that her father would never allow such a thing, but Noah says that he was leading the charge. After Noah arranges a trade of Elle for Claire, West, Noah and Elle meet Bob, Mohinder and Claire. When they do Elle and Claire swap parties; Claire with her hands free, Elle however with her hands still bound. Nevertheless, when West starts to fly Claire away, Elle uses her power to break her binds and unloads a ball of lightning at West, hitting him dead center. Elle then turns around and begins to manifest her power again for some revenge on Noah, but is too slow and Noah shoots her in the shoulder first; she screams and then collapses.
While in her father's office, she logs into the Cisco surveillance system and and is shocked to find Sylar in Mohinder's lab with Mohinder, Molly and Maya. She sees the opportunity to impress her father and heads to stop Sylar. Elle charges into Mohinder's lab, yells Sylar's name and manifests her power, but she finds herself too slow and Sylar shoots at her first. She dodges the shot, and as Sylar runs away and she blasts at him twice, hitting him in the back. She gives chase, but returns to the lab after failing to catch Sylar. Mohinder notes that without her, Sylar would have killed them all and that they owe her their lives.
For an episode-by-episode summary, see Elle Bishop: Season Three History.
Bob shows Elle video footage of Sylar killing two of his best agents. He blames Elle and sends her away. Elle returns to his office and finds him dead with his brain removed. She rushes to Level 5 and releases Noah, giving him a gun to use against Sylar. Elle is thrown away when she is confronted by Sylar and attempts to generate electricity to use against him. Sylar easily stops her, and taunts her by using her father's ability. Sylar proceeds to open Elle's skull but she releases an enormous blast of electricity that knocks both Sylar and the power to Level 5 out. After many prisoners escape, Angela Petrelli fires Elle.
After receiving help from Claude in London, Elle travels to Costa Verde and breaks into Claire's home looking for help with her malfunctioning powers. Elle attacks Claire but she is unharmed. After learning of Elle's story, Claire agrees to accompany her to Pinehearst. While on a plane, Elle's ability manifests and causes the plane to malfunction. Claire has Elle channel her power through her and the two safely arrive at Pinehearst. Outside Pinehearst's doors, Elle and Claire find Peter Petrelli, now powerless and Elle enters the building, seeking the same treatment.
Via a spirit walk, it is revealed that prior to the first eclipse, Elle was partnered with Noah and was assigned to force Gabriel Gray to kill again after Brian Davis's murder. In present time, Elle is locked up in a cell in Pinehearst and is confronted by Sylar. She unleashes the full force of her power on him in an act of revenge for her father. After using all of her energy, Elle gives up and tells Sylar that he can take her power. Sylar surprises the both of them by revealing that he has empathically absorbed her power, also removing Elle's pain. The two bond over their parent issues and Elle joins forces with Arthur Petrelli. Elle and Sylar are sent to bring in Claire but ditch the mission after realizing their powers are gone. The two make love and Noah begins to hunt them down after Elle gravely injured Claire. He finds them and has a fight with Sylar, ending with Sylar's apparent death. After their powers have returned, Sylar heals and he and Elle return to the Bennets house, holding Sandra hostage. Hiro Nakamura appears and teleports Sylar and Elle to a nearby beach where Sylar reverts to his murderous ways and kills Elle, setting her body alight the following morning.
Elle reappears, as one of Sylar's victims in the House of Mirrors. Damian uses his ability to make Sylar remember his past, specifically his various murders, causing Elle's death scene to be remembered by Sylar.
|This section is a stub. You can help by .|
|This section is a stub. You can help by .|
The case file also contains a psychological profile:
She had demonstrated skill ranging from welding a lock shut to sending a powerful burst that struck a running Peter Petrelli in the back and knocked him over, lighting his shirt on fire. One of her favorite things to do was send small, stinging bursts of electricity into another person.
When her life was threatened by Sylar, Elle let out an incredibly powerful blast of electricity that knocks out Sylar and the grid supporting Level 5. After this event, Elle's power went out of her control, tending to overload whenever she became stressed or angry, causing her to shock herself and things she came into contact with. On the way to Pinehearst with Claire, Elle caused the plane's navigational systems to malfunction, nearly causing the plane to crash. Upon meeting Sylar once more, despite her lack of control, Elle was able to unleash her pent-up rage and power upon Sylar, generating incredibly powerful lightning bolts. By forgiving herself, Elle regained control of her powers.
According to her assignment tracker profile at primatechpaper.com, Elle's control index was 46%. Her data analysis shows her biological level at 40, cerebral at 15, elemental at 80, and temporal/spatial at 30.
- Ability: electrical manipulation
- Meet the electrifying Elle Bishop, daughter of Company founder Bob Bishop. (Cautionary Tales)
- As an evolved human, her duties are limited to helping with confined "specials," like Peter Petrelli. (Four Months Ago...)
- Finally on assignment, Elle is captured by rogue operative Noah Bennet. (Cautionary Tales)
- As her father looks on, Elle is traded for Claire Bennet, Noah Bennet's daughter. (Cautionary Tales)
- After a botched field operation, Elle must answer to her father, Bob. (Powerless)
- A gruesome discovery sends Elle over the explosive edge. (The Butterfly Effect)
- Elle seeks redemption from an unlikely source: serial killer Sylar. (It's Coming)
- Knowing they're different from everyone else, Elle and Sylar make plans to be together. (The Eclipse, Part 2)
- Elle miscalculates Sylar's capacity to stop his killing ways. (The Eclipse, Part 2)
"Don't worry, you'll get used to it... and then you'll start to like it."
"I accidentally set my grandmother's house on fire when I was six. Caused a blackout in four counties in Ohio when I was eight. I spent my ninth birthday in a glass room with an IV of lithium in my arm. I've lived in this building for sixteen years, ever since the shrinks diagnosed me as a sociopath with paranoid delusions. But they’re just out to get me, 'cause I threatened to kill them. I'm twenty-four years old and I've never gone on a date. Never been on a roller-coaster. Never been swimming. And now you know everything there is to know about me. I don't have the luxury of being more interesting than that."
"What's your superpower... punching bag?"
"I was there when your father first brought you in. You were a normal girl - unicorns and rainbows - and then they started the testing. The human brain isn't built to take that much electricity; you poor girl."
"It itches like a mother f—!"
"I've been nothing but a bitch and you've been nothing but sweet, which just really makes me hate you more."
"Hi! Do you like pie? Ugh, that rhymed, didn't it?"
- Elle says she has been diagnosed as a sociopath, and Peter aptly describes her as a sadist. (Four Months Ago...)
- Noah states that the Company experimented extensively on Elle, which may have played a role in causing her unstable personality. Elle claims she doesn't remember this, but it is strongly hinted that her memories were removed by the Haitian. (Cautionary Tales)
- Elle was originally meant to be Meredith Gordon's daughter, and thus Claire's sister. However, the writers dropped the idea due to plot holes and "lack of storyline." 
- In The Butterfly Effect, Sylar tells Elle that she is especially to blame for what he has become. This is likely a reference to the fact that she helped manipulate him into killing more people after he'd acquired his first power and was trying to stop (Villains).
- According to her AT profile, Elle is 5'5" and weights 115 pounds.
- According to a blog post by Greg Beeman, the scene from Our Father in which Sylar burns Elle's body was originally written a little differently. "There was a final shot Jeannot designed for this scene that ended up being cut out. It was a huge crane shot that swooped away as Sylar stood over Elle's burning body. I remember the script read: 'Sylar stands on her burning body. A tinge of remorse. Giving Elle far more respect than any of his previous victims.' Anyway, the shot was very dramatic and I found it very haunting, almost beautiful. But the network standards and practices people and even Tim Kring thought it was too disturbing. So we cut it--and ended up playing the scene on a simple close up Sylar. This works too. I don't know, maybe America's not ready for full-on immolation."
- When Elle appears at the Bennet household in Eris Quod Sum, Lyle says, "Bitch is back". This is a reference to the title of the series finale of Veronica Mars, in which Kristen Bell played the lead role.
- In Sum Quod Sum, Claude refers to Elle as "Fulgora, goddess of lightning." Fulgora's name derives from fulgur, the Latin word for lightning, which is also the root of the word "fulgurite", which are featured prominently in Petrified Lightning.
- Elle has a necklace with a lightning shape on it (Sum Quod Sum, Part 1). She bought it at an arcade after electrocuting the machine and stealing enough tickets (From the Files of Primatech, Part 8). She is also seen wearing it on screen. (Truth & Consequences)
- For other uses of Elle, see Elle (disambig).
- For other uses of Bishop, see Bishop (disambig).
- For images of Elle, see Images of Elle Bishop.
- For articles related to Elle, see Related Articles:Elle.
- For a list of her victims, see Elle's victims.
Please refer to Theory:Elle Bishop for fan-created theories and other speculation.