From Heroes Wiki
|Portrayed by||Ray Campbell|
|Known ability||Danger sensing|
|Home||Sullivan Bros. Carnival|
|Occupation||Juggler at the carnival|
Evan eats breakfast with other carnies.
As Claire and Samuel talk outside Samuel's trailer, Evan juggles behind them. Later, Evan grabs lunch at the carnival's canteen. Some time later, he continues to juggle outside Samuel's trailer as Claire is caught snooping by Eli.
Evan listens as Samuel prepares to turn himself in before the carnival is attacked. He is among those who watch Lydia die and cheers when Chris and Doyle prepare to exact revenge on Claire. Evan is present when Samuel announces they will show the world who they really are.
Evan listens to Samuel talk on the stage in Central Park. He nods in agreement. However, at night, right before the "show" is about to begin, Claire storms in and explains Samuel's true motive. At first, Evan is unconvinced, but then, Noah, Edgar, and Eli show up, backing Claire up. At this point, all the carnies leave and run, and are teleported to safety by Hiro Nakamura.
In chapter 6 of Slow Burn, The Watcher assigns Chris Bowman to watch Evan and his brother Josh and find out their secrets. As their shift ends, the two brothers head out into the parking lot, and Josh turns back into his normal self. Chris approaches them, and asks if he can tag along. They agree, and steal a car. The three drive to a local bar, and they reveal to Chris that they are not really twins, only brothers, but that it is useful to pass themselves off as such. As Josh orders drinks, Evan goes out back and calls his father. When he discovers Chris overheard, he threatens him, but Chris promises not to tell Samuel. When he comes back in, he finds that Josh and his friend Draph have gotten into a fight with another patron. Evan steps in, avoiding all the punches the guy throws. Chris launches a fire ball, scaring the guy off, and Draph wipes the memories of everyone at the bar so they don't remember the fight.
Back at the carnival, Chris reports to The Watcher that Evan called his dad.
In chapter 9 of Slow Burn, Chris and Bo approach Evan and Chris asks how Josh and "everyone" is. Evan realizes that Chris is referring to his family outside of the carnival and says that everyone is good. He then asks what he can do for them and Chris asks if he has seen The Watcher. Evan tells them that he noticed someone strange watching him and Josh but they never spoke. Chris and Bo thank Evan and leave.
In chapter 2 of Purpose, Evan watches as his brother steps in between Samuel and John Mulligan. Evan recognizes John as the agent who tried to catch Josh and himself. Evan tries to throw a few punches at John but ultimately stops Josh from fighting.
- It is unknown if all appearances by Ray Campbell are as Evan, as Evan's brother, Josh Davis, frequently disguises himself as Evan's twin.
- Like many of the other extras who portray background carnies, Ray Campbell created some (unofficial) background information about his character. Ray said that he imagined Evan was married to Danielle Davis, the young carny mother portrayed by Cara Provenzano, and that his child was the baby she held in Hysterical Blindness.
- Though Evan's name has been clearly established in the iStories, actor Ray Campbell said he always imagined his character's nickname to be "Chill". Ray, too, is more commonly known by his nickname "Chill".
- Ray Campbell says that his character Evan was "especially close to Samuel throughout because I am a twin and our powers/abilities are to boost everyone else's power around us."
- For other uses of Evan, see Evan (disambig).