Peter Petrelli explodes high above New York, NY
|Date of event:||November 8, 2006|
|Location:||New York, NY|
- 1 About
- 1.1 Genesis
- 1.2 Don't Look Back
- 1.3 Graphic Novel:The Crane
- 1.4 Seven Minutes to Midnight
- 1.5 Homecoming
- 1.6 Fallout
- 1.7 Parasite
- 1.8 .07%
- 1.9 Graphic Novel:String Theory
- 1.10 Five Years Gone
- 1.11 The Hard Part
- 1.12 How to Stop an Exploding Man
- 1.13 Graphic Novel:Molly's Dream
- 1.14 Four Months Ago...
- 1.15 Jump, Push, Fall
- 2 Heroes Evolutions
- 3 Notes
- 4 Memorable Quotes
- 5 Gallery
- 6 See Also
Five weeks in the future, Hiro Nakamura goes to Isaac's apartment, but finds the artist dead, an apparent victim of Sylar. When police arrive and question him about Isaac's death, he witnesses the same massive explosion Isaac's painting had predicted, but manages to jump back to the past before the blast hits.
Peter Petrelli has a vision of Manhattan, which seems to be deserted except for some other evolved humans, who are all at the scene. They are all looking at Peter strangely, and something is wrong. Peter then starts to glow, as if he is about to explode, resembling Isaac's painting.
Hiro and Ando time travel to Charles Deveaux's rooftop in New York City. They look over the destroyed city. Hiro laments they have failed to stop the explosion. There is some traffic in the streets, and construction has begun on a number of skyscrapers within the area of devastation. Some buildings remain unscathed.
Linderman talks to Nathan about the explosion, saying that it will unite the world under a common goal. He justifies the massive death toll by explaining that only .07% of the world's population will be killed.
On the fifth anniversary of the explosion, America remembers those that have fallen. The President gathers many people at the explosion memorial to pay tribute. Sylar is remembered as the cause of the destruction, though Peter says that he was the bomb.
Molly has a dream in which she witnesses an explosion in the sky.
Nathan lifts Peter into the air and Peter forces him to let him go as his skin begins to burn. Several moments later, Peter explodes and the shockwave hits Nathan in midair. Shortly after, Peter flies down to retrieve his brother who was further injured in the blast and takes him to a hospital.
- Hiro recalls a painting in Isaac's loft: "A terrifying future. a nuclear bomb going off in [[New York City. The city in flames. Millions of people being killed" (Chapter 3)
- Hiro goes to Isaac's loft and sees the floor covered with a mural of fire, smoke, Armageddon. (Chapter 17)
Richard Drucker sends Hana a video of the explosion, as seen from New Jersey. Hana posts the video on her website. The video shows a small light soaring above the New York City skyline. As the figure explodes, another figure plummets to the ground. Before he hits the ground, another figure swoops in, rescues the plummeting figure, and flies away.
- When Hiro is in the future just before the explosion, his watch shows the time as 11:52am. The explosion happens around a minute later. In Heroes Reborn the H.E.L.E. also occurs at 11:53am.
- Despite the explosion happening in the morning when Hiro visits the future, it happens at night when Peter actually explodes.
"I saw it. There was a ... bright light. Like an explosion. It wiped out the whole city. Like Hiroshima --"
"Shh, shh, shh, it's okay. It was all a dream."
"No ... I don't think so."
An overhead view of the explosion is seen in Peter's vision.
The explosion in Peter's vision rips through the city.
The explosion in Peter's vision leaves a wave of debris.
Even Sylar's mom becomes part of the explosion.
Molly relives the explosion in a nightmare.
...a figure falls to the ground...
- For other uses of explosion, see explosion (disambig).
- For a video from Hana's website depicting the explosion, see here (or here for the YouTube-hosted version).