Red Eye's eyes become red when using his ability.
Abilities that Cause Eye Alteration
Several abilities require concentration, and the user usually closes his eyes to use it. They are:
Affecting other people's eyes
Some abilities changes the color of who is affected by it. They are:
|Primal rage||Sean, Tom, and Joseph|
|Poison emission||Coyote, Gloria, Derek, Molly, Sylar, and many others.|
- This effect is also manifested in evolved humans who have manifested the ability of others when using the above abilities.
- Although Hiro always closes his eyes to invoke space-time manipulation, Arthur wasn't required to do so when invoking that ability. Peter has used this ability both with his eyes open and closed.
- Participating in a spirit walk, while not categorized as an ability, has also manifested eye alteration similar to precognition in Matt and Hiro.
- While there have been several characters display the ability of pyrokinesis, only Flint has ever shown an example of it affecting specifically his eyes. The same happens to Misha and his telekinesis and Michael Fitzgerald and his enhanced strength.
- There are examples when the eyes of evolved humans change in different ways when they use their abilities. For instance, Sparrow Redhouse's eyes glowed orange in Rebellion, Part 2 when she was using her ability, but in Rebellion, Part 6 they glowed red. Also, each evolved human with the ability to paint the future had their eyes turn white - however, Isaac Mendez's eyes turned golden once when he was high on heroin (Collision), and the future events appeared on Sylar's eyes (How to Stop an Exploding Man) before he started painting.
- Although usage of shape shifting does not always change the user's eyes, it can be used to do so.
...but he can do it with his eyes wide open, too.
...while the present-day Peter did it once with his eyes wide open.
...but on another occasion, her eyes glow red.
(Rebellion, Part 6)
...as do the eyes of his victims.
- For other uses of eyes, see eyes (disambig).
- For other uses of alteration, see alteration (disambig).