From Heroes Wiki
|Also known as||Stephen Foz McDermott|
|Title||Assistant to executive producers |
Graphic novel writer
Portrays a member of the Citizen's Border Patrol
Portrays a Los Angeles bouncer
|Date of birth||25 December 1977|
|Origin||South Philadelphia, PA, USA|
Foz McDermott is a crew member for Heroes. During Season One, Season Two, and Season Three, he was the assistant to the co-executive producers. In Season Four, he was the assistant to the executive producers. Foz is also a coordinating producer for the Heroes Unmasked videos, produces the still shoots and video shoots for all publicity related to Heroes, and is the talent coordinator for the show. Additionally, Foz has written for the Heroes graphic novels and helped write the Slow Burn webisodes with Zach Craley, Oliver Grigsby, Jim Martin, and Harrison Wilcox. He also portrays a Los Angeles bouncer in the episode Four Months Ago... and a member of the Citizen's Border Patrol in The Line.
In addition to his work with Heroes, Foz was the assistant to the executive producers with Greg Beeman for Mercy Reef. He was the writers assistant for Smallville. Foz was a writer and a talent developer for four years with the WWF (now the WWE) and hosted Live Wire for international syndicated television airing. He wrote two plays (Stigmata Colada and Downturn) and worked on two short films (Footbridge and Ivan the Timid). During the 2007 Writers Strike, Foz dis some work on The Starter Wife. Foz also acted in a few early episodes of The Sopranos as an extra in the strip clubs. In 2010, he co-produced the film Pizza Man, starring Noah Gray-Cabey, Leonard Roberts, and David H. Lawrence XVII.
Graphic Novels Written
- Yang & Yang
- Prodigals, Part 1
- Prodigals, Part 2
- The Trip, Part 1
- From the Files of Primatech, Part 3
- From the Files of Primatech, Part 4
- Foz's photo appears on the wall of targets at Building 26.
- Flyers outside the Burnt Toast Diner in Midland, Texas, advertise for the Foz New Works Art Gallery. (Tabula Rasa)
- Foz's likeness was used to create the character whose wallet is stolen by Eli. (Prodigals, Part 1)
- Jason Badower used Foz's likeness in designing an orderly at Riverdale Psychiatric Hospital. (The Trip, Part 2)
- In an unused storyboard layout for Prodigals, the boat Tracy is seen on is from the "Foz Corp."
- Foz is an Ivy League graduate.
- Foz is diabetic.
- Foz played on the University of Pennsylvania Football team for four years. He also played for six months with the San Francisco 49ers.
- Before working in Hollywood, Foz was an analyst and a reporter for NFL Television and Radio in New York, Philadelphia, Atlantic City, Cleveland, Miami, and Boston.
- Six members of Foz's family play for the NFL on teams such as the Philadelphia Eagles, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Miami Dolphins, the Houston Texans, and the New England Patriots. Foz's grandfather was on the 1960 Philadelphia Eagles championship team. His cousin, Sean McDermott, is the defensive coordinator for the Philadelphia Eagles.
- When writing the graphic novel Boom, Foz named Amanda's cat Iggy after his own cat Iggy.