From Heroes Wiki
|Released:||October 13, 2008|
|Story by:||Chuck Kim|
|Art by:||Marcus To|
|Colors by:||Beth Sotelo|
|Produced by:||Aspen MLT Inc.|
|Easter Egg:||Behind the scenes image of Mark Viniello applying makeup to Sendhil Ramamurthy's back as Jeph Loeb and Tim Kring look on|
|Next:||Sum Quod Sum, Part 1|
|The perverse puppet master is unleashed.|
|Eric Doyle has lead a quiet life in southern California, mostly alone, save for the company of his beloved marionettes. He drew little attention to himself, yet life seemed to always go his way. That is, until the Company entered his life.|
Three years ago, Eric Doyle is locked in a Level 5 cell by Noah Bennet and forced to take nauseating medicine that suppresses his ability. Noah explains first that the medicine will end when they come up with a more palatable method of controlling him, and continues by noting the supposed suicides of Marcus Wilde, Stephen Taylor and Tristan Rivers, and tells Eric that they both know their deaths were caused by him. Finally, Noah adds that he doesn't work for the police, and that Eric is not in jail.
In October 2006, Eric talks with a Company agent named Michael, and learns that Eden died that day. Michael also shows Eric his ability, and tells him that he stays with the Company because, to the Company, "If you're not with them, you're against them."
Three days ago, Eric witnesses Sylar's attempt to take Elle's ability go wrong, and her lightning taking out the Company's security system. Eric then uses this opportunity to try and escape; and Michael tells Eric to stop, threatening to zap him with his ability. However, Eric turns around and uses his own ability to force Michael into zapping himself.
- In a question and answer session, writer Chuck Kim said that he made a mistake in the timeline. "The first page should have read 'three years ago' and not two." That would mean that Eric Doyle was incarcerated in 2004, not 2005.
- For images from Doyle, see images from Doyle.
- For the transcript from Doyle, see the Doyle transcript.
- For other uses of Doyle, see Doyle (disambig).
- Graphic novels page on NBC.com
- Interactive comic on NBC.com — Note: Requires Flash Player 8 or above to view
- Downloadable PDF comic on NBC.com — Note: Requires Adobe Acrobat or compatible reader to view