Graphic Novel:Faces, Part 2
From Heroes Wiki
|Faces, Part 2|
|Released:||May 26, 2008|
|Story by:||Mark Sable|
|Art by:||Micah Gunnell|
|Digital Inks by:||Mark Roslan|
|Colors by:||John Starr|
|Produced by:||Aspen MLT Inc.|
|Easter Egg:||Behind the scenes image of Cristine Rose|
|Previous:||Faces, Part 1|
|Next:||Root and Branch, Part 1|
|What happens when the face comes off?|
|Penny has devoted her life to the Company. The "normal" half of the "one of us, one of them" formula, Penny's partner is her mother, much to Penny's frustration. Connie, her mother, has the amazing ability to alter people's appearances. On her last assignment, Connie transformed Penny's plain jane appearance to that of a stunning beauty. But ever the instigator, Connie refused to change Penny back after the assignment, wanting her to finally experience life as one of the beautiful people...|
Having reverted to her normal appearance, Penny gets out of bed and sneaks out of the motel room. Thompson, Jr. later joins Penny in the firing range, not realizing she was the one he had slept with the night before. After Thompson, Jr. has left, Connie arrives and tells her she noticed that Penny and Thompson, Jr. are both glowing.
Later, Thompson, Jr. is in a Company work room, and a colleague arrives congratulating him on picking up someone new at the bar. Then, without asking, the colleague proceeds to try and identify the girl he saw Thompson, Jr. with by using the Company's computer system. The data he enters brings up a photo of the girlfriend of one of the Company's targets. Thompson, Jr., seeing that she is listed as an accomplice and that her appearance matches the person he saw the previous night, races off to find her.
Connie and Penny, outside the room watching through a window, see what has happened. Penny then gets her mom to change her back to the girlfriend's appearance, hoping to head Thompson, Jr. off before he reaches her. All three people arrive at the teleporter's house at the same time, and Thompson, Jr. ushers the two women into the house at gunpoint. After Penny explains the situation to Thompson, Jr., he calls for Connie and the Haitian. When they both arrive, Connie reverts Penny's appearance confirming her version of the events; and the Haitian erases the girlfriend's memories so that she would forget what had just transpired. When Penny asks Thompson, Jr. if he is upset with her, he denies it commenting that he thinks it would be great if she could go out with him as someone new every night.
- When this novel was released, the Connie's line in the last panel of page three originally read, "Hoping you can get meet him back at her place for a quickie?" This mistake was later fixed to read simply, "Hoping you can meet him back at her place for a quickie?"
- In a forum post, writer Mark Sable said that Faces was originally supposed to be a three-part story (22 pages).
- For images from Faces, Part 2, see images from Faces, Part 2.
- For an interview in which Mark Sable discusses the Faces series, see here.
- Graphic novels page on NBC.com
- Interactive comic on NBC.com — Note: Requires Flash Player 8 or above to view
- Downloadable PDF comic on NBC.com — Note: Requires Adobe Acrobat or compatible reader to view
- Animated video