Graphic Novel:From the Files of Primatech, Part 2
From Heroes Wiki
| From the Files of Primatech, Part 2|
1963, Part 2
|Issue #: ||167 ||Released: ||March 1, 2010 |
|Story by:||Howie Kaplan|
|Art and colors by:||Jason Badower|
|Produced by:||Nanci Quesada|
|Previous:||From the Files of Primatech, Part 1|
|Next Part:||From the Files of Primatech, Part 3|
|Next Novel:||Novel Approach: The Hiro Collection|
|The Company's co-founders find trouble at a coffeehouse concert.|
|Primatech Case File 11. 1963. It's been two years since the massacre at Coyote Sands.
Angela Petrelli, Daniel Linderman, Charles Devoux, and Bob Bishop are investigating rumors surrounding Chris Coolidge, a folk singer with a siren-like ability to use music to affect people's emotions. While at this show, Angela dances with a young Kaito Nakamura, who is in New York to "escape his destiny." But the good times end when police raid the counter-culture coffeehouse and arrest the young activists under the pretense of the room being over capacity.Outraged, Coolidge uses his power to incite the young crowd into a riot...
Chris leads his riot out onto the streets and a massive fight breaks out between the police officers and the party goers. Angela, Daniel, Charles, Kaito, and Bobby watch the riot unfold and Charles comments that what Chris is doing is exactly the reason why they do not use their powers on people. Bobby becomes affected by Chris's influence and runs into the fight. Charles tries to help by using his telepathy to stop the fighting between two people. When he tries to use his power to stop some more people, he is knocked out by a person. Angela, while holding another victim, screams out for Charles and runs to Daniel, who heals him. They convince Chris to stop the fighting and Chris realizes that they are right. When he steps up to bring peace, Kaito tries to stop him. He fails and Chris is shot dead, stopping the riot.
Later, Angela and the others successfully buy Primatech Paper and Angela comments that Kaito knew what would happen if Chris stepped forward. She hands him a card for their Company and welcomes him aboard.
- The novel's introduction misspells Charles Deveaux's last name "Devoux".
- Like its predecessor, this graphic novel has no Easter Egg.
- In his blog at yamagatofellowship.org, Hiro finds a news article about the riot.
- Chris says, "Come, oh best minds of my generation." He calls his supporters "angel-headed hipsters who bear the righteous anger." These are both quotes from Allen Ginsberg's poem Howl.
- For images from From the Files of Primatech, Part 2, see images from From the Files of Primatech, Part 2.
- Graphic novels page on NBC.com
- Interactive comic on NBC.com — Note: Requires Flash Player 8 or above to view
- Downloadable PDF comic on NBC.com — Note: Requires Adobe Acrobat or compatible reader to view