Graphic Novel:From the Files of Primatech, Part 5
| From the Files of Primatech, Part 5|
1988, Part 1
|Issue #: ||170 ||Released: ||April 12, 2010 |
|Story by:||Erin Fitzgerald|
|Art by:||Jason Badower|
|Produced by:||Nanci Quesada|
|Previous:||From the Files of Primatech, Part 4|
|Next:||From the Files of Primatech, Part 6|
|Hiro time travels to Berlin circa 1988 as Claude and Thompson make a shocking discovery.|
|It is the height of The Cold War. Tensions run high for both our Government and the organization we have come to know as The Company. Amid this cloak and dagger mentality, Agent Thompson finds himself tasked with a mission that requires the skills of a certain Special...|
Will they be able to do what is required? Or is it a lost cause...
In 1988, Noah and Sandra are on their honeymoon in Berlin, Germany. While Sandra contemplates getting a dog, Noah is visited by Thompson, who gives him the task of returning an envelope to "Petrelli". Thompson then wanders away and his partner, Claude Rains, asks who Noah is. Thompson tells him not to worry about it and informs Claude of their latest mission to capture a special KGB agent. Claude wonders what the mission will entail and Thompson explains that they can bring her in or, if she resists, they can terminate her. Claude and Thompson discuss Sylvia and her potential abilities.
When they arrive at Sylvia's supposed hideout, Claude wonders if Thompson would like to become invisible again. Thompson refuses, and suggests that they split up. He tells Claude not to be a hero and heads upstairs. While invisible, Claude enters a room and is attacked by Sylvia, who suggests that next time he not use a flashlight. Sylvia tries to warn Claude that Thompson is using him and Claude wonders what she means by that. Thompson arrives and demands to know where "it" is. Thompson tries to shoot Sylvia, but she shrinks and hides.
- Like its predecessors, From the Files of Primatech, Part 1, 2, 3, and 4, this graphic novel has no Easter Egg.
- Like in the two previous first parts of each arch of From the Files of Primatech, an evolved human uses his or her ability with unknown consequences. Previously, Chris Coolidge and Mindy Sprague used their abilities at the end of the first part of the 1963 arc and at the end of the first part of the 1978 arc, respectively. Here, at the end of the 1988 arc, Sylvia uses her ability with unknown consequences.
- For images from From the Files of Primatech, Part 5, see images from From the Files of Primatech, Part 5.
- Graphic novels page on NBC.com
- Interactive comic on NBC.com — Note: Requires Flash Player 8 or above to view
- Downloadable PDF comic on NBC.com — Note: Requires Adobe Acrobat or compatible reader to view