Graphic Novel:Rebellion, Part 1
| Rebellion, Part 1|
|Issue #: ||136 ||Released: ||May 4, 2009 |
|Story by:||Zach Craley|
|Art and colors by:||Dennis Calero|
|Produced by:||Nanci Quesada|
|Easter Egg:||Behind the scenes image of Željko Ivanek and Hayden Panettiere|
|Previous:||The Natural Order of Things|
|Next:||Rebellion, Part 2|
|In the midnight hour, Micah's rebel yell.|
|Our Heroes were pursued, hunted, and imprisoned during the course of FUGITIVES -- during which a mysterious entity appeared, calling itself REBEL. Rebel worked to both direct and aid our Heroes in their struggles.
During the attempt to save Tracy, it was Micah Sanders who was outed as the face of Rebel. But what twists of fate turned Micah from a young boy mourning his mother's death into the insurrectionist force known as Rebel? Was he working alone? And what became of the rest of his family?What planted those initial seeds of...
Monica Dawson is using her powers to help the people of New Orleans, with Micah Sanders communicating with her and using his technopathy to help her out. After thwarting a burglary attempt, Micah helps Monica escape police and they both head home separately. Over his com, Micah hears the sound of Monica under attack. At home, he finds the house empty and uses his power to learn that Monica and Nana were taken by agents, along with Damon who the agents believed to be Micah. Micah heads back to his school computer and accessed video footage of the captives being loaded onto Flight 195. He also finds a list of the captives aboard the plane, including Monica, Nana, Flint, Hiro, Matt, Peter, Sparrow Redhouse, Mohinder and Tracy. Claire and Sylar are also shown and Micah wonders why Claire has been released. Micah then goes to work on the computer, using his power to begin erasing information while he listens to the plane going down in tears.
- This graphic novel indicates that Monica Dawson, Nana Dawson, Sparrow Redhouse and Flint Gordon, Jr. were among the fugitives on Flight 195.
- The rebel yell was a battle cry used by Confederate soldiers during the American Civil War.
- Rebel Yell was also the title of Billy Idol's second album, featuring a song of the same name. The song's chorus is, "In the midnight hour, she cried, 'More, more, more," much like the NBC's tagline for this graphic novel.
- For images from Rebellion, Part 1, see images from Rebellion, Part 1.
- Heroes on NBC.com
- Downloadable PDF comic on archive.org — Note: Requires Adobe Acrobat or compatible reader to view