Heroes Wiki is shutting down permanently on June 1 2020. For more information please see here.
Graphic Novel:Team Building Exercise
|Team Building Exercise|
|Released:||October 30, 2007|
|Story by:||Pierluigi Cothran|
|Art by:||Travis Kotzebue|
|Colors by:||John Starr|
|Produced by:||Aspen MLT Inc.|
|Easter Egg:||Behind the scenes photo of Hayden Panettiere|
|Next:||The Last Shangri-La|
|99 times out of 100, they choose to flee.|
|To protect his plan to destroy the mysterious "Company," Noah Bennet murdered Ivan, his former mentor and friend. Ivan underestimated Noah's ruthless drive and paid for it with his life. But it was not the first time he failed to see the depth of the man in the horn-rimmed glasses...|
18 years ago in Odessa, Ukraine, Ivan, his partner, Maarten, and their trainee Noah Bennet train yard to search for their target. Noah notes that the partnership between Ivan and Maarten has too much brawn and the team spots their target, the Liquid Man. Ivan tells him to stop and Maarten generates some fire to threaten him. Scared, the Liquid Man rushes forward, using his ability to get past the agents and douse Maarten's fire. Seeing that the two superior agents have failed, Noah makes a suggestion.
Noah gets Ivan to shoot at their target, making him run into Maarten's direction. Maarten shoots flames at him, making him run into Noah, who shoots at him. Surrounded, the Liquid Man backs up until he reaches a storage train. Maarten blocks any chance of escape by firing two concentrated blasts of fire towards his target, and Ivan and Noah aim their guns at him. Seeing no other way, the Liquid Man backs into the cooler, which Noah locks. Ivan and Maarten thank Noah for showing them some new tricks but Noah sees a problem with their mission. How can they tag someone who can become water? Noah, Ivan and Maarten agree to put their heads together to think of a way, all pleased that the Liquid man will not be going anywhere for a while.
- The Easter Egg was originally a photo of show assistant Nick Greco with model Claudia Jordan of Deal or No Deal.
- The Russian text on the train door reads "морозилка машина", which translates as "the freezer machine". The smaller text by the latch reads "опасность, замораживающий", which translates as "danger, freezing". In an email, Travis Kotzebue said that he used an online translator to search for the Russian translation of "freezer car".
- For images from Team Building Exercise, see images from Team Building Exercise.
- For the transcript from Team Building Exercise, see the Team Building Exercise transcript.
- For Travis Kotzebue's original art from Team Building Exercise, see here.