Graphic Novel:The Natural Order of Things
|The Natural Order of Things|
|Released:||April 27, 2009|
|Story by:||Harrison Wilcox|
|Art by:||Phil Jimenez|
|Colors by:||Edgar Delgado|
|Produced by:||Aspen MLT Inc.|
|Easter Egg:||Behind the scenes image of Zachary Quinto|
|Previous:||One Good Hero|
|Next:||Rebellion, Part 1|
|Mohinder struggles to keep his own beast at bay.|
|Sylar, using his shape shifting abilities, posed as Nathan Petrelli and vowed on national television to bring real change to America. Learning of this, Nathan and Peter Petrelli confronted Sylar. The ensuing fight led to Sylar's defeat, but tragically also the death of Nathan.
Hoping to save Nathan, or at least some of Nathan's memories, Angela Petrelli instructed Matt Parkman to transfer Nathan's mind in to Sylar's body and to erase Sylar's own memories. Sylar, now looking like Nathan, may for all intents and purposes actually be Nathan.Our Heroes now gather together at the funeral pyre of a Sylar body double. Some know the truth of what has happened, others do not. All stand together hoping that this particular demon does not rise from the ashes.
Mohinder remembers coming to America to find his father's killer. He remembers researching with Eden, all of the people that Sylar has killed, and how every time he came close to Sylar, he lost. He then remembers how even when others joined together to fight Sylar, no one could kill him. Mohinder remembers how he gained abilities but how even that did not help. Finally, Mohinder realizes that everybody has a monster deep down inside of them and that they must all work hard to keep it at bay.
- The title for this graphic novel comes from a quote from Future Mohinder in Five Years Gone, when he is speaking about the extermination of evolved humans.
- For images from The Natural Order of Things, see images from The Natural Order of Things.
- Graphic novels page on NBC.com
- Interactive comic on NBC.com — Note: Requires Flash Player 8 or above to view
- Downloadable PDF comic on NBC.com — Note: Requires Adobe Acrobat or compatible reader to view