Graphic Novel:The Swimmer
From Heroes Wiki
|Released:||February 16, 2009|
|Story by:||D.J. Doyle|
|Art by:||Micah Gunnell|
|Digital Inks by:||Mark Roslan|
|Colors by:||Brian Buccellato|
|Produced by:||Aspen MLT Inc.|
|Easter Egg:||Behind the scenes image of Moira Kelly|
|Next:||Comrades, Part 1|
|Even Alex Woolsley needs to come up for air sometimes.|
|Alex Woolsley's day started in Sam's Comics. It ended with hiding for his life in a stranger's bedroom. Wouldn't you have a few questions?|
Alex Woolsly thinks back over the good things in his life. His ability to breathe underwater allowed him to become a swimming champion, his parents were proud of him, his job at Sam's Comics was helping him to save for college, and he rescued a drowning surfer after an accident at the beach. Now, as a fugitive from Homeland Security, his perspective on past events has changed. His swimming success made other competitors resentful, a figure in glasses was watching his family, surveillance cameras recorded him working at the store, and he wonders whether one of his friends from the beach could have betrayed him. He has lost the security and happiness he once had, but when he looks at Claire Bennet from his hiding place in her closet, he sees that some things in life are still beautiful.
- There are several references to Aspen Comics in this novel, including comic book issues of Shrugged, Soulfire, and Fathom present in Sam's Comics. Most notably, the character Aspen Matthews's image appears on a surfboard. Aspen Matthews has the ability to breathe underwater, as does Alex Woolsly.
- For other uses of The Swimmer, see The Swimmer (disambig).
- For images from The Swimmer, see images from The Swimmer.
- For the transcript from The Swimmer, see the The Swimmer transcript.
- Graphic novels page on NBC.com
- Interactive comic on NBC.com — Note: Requires Flash Player 8 or above to view
- Downloadable PDF comic on NBC.com — Note: Requires Adobe Acrobat or compatible reader to view