Graphic Novel:Trust Issues, Part 1
|Trust Issues, Part 1|
|Released:||May 5, 2008|
|Story by:||DJ Doyle|
|Art by:||Robert Atkins|
|Colors by:||Chris Sotomayor|
|Produced by:||Nanci Quesada|
|Easter Egg:||Artist's rendering of Donna|
|Next:||Trust Issues, Part 2|
|When trust breaks down, Evs sends flowers.|
|After Donna Dunlap was recruited, by the Company, warnings from the mysterious Evs Dropper convinced her that the only way to survive was to bring the Company down from within. But when she is inexplicably grounded from missions, Donna breaks into the file room to check her personal dossier, only to find Agent Thompson looking at an Isaac Mendez death portrait...of Donna. It seems she isn't the only agent in this company with trust issues...|
Thompson, Jr., Gael Cruz and Devin track down an evolved human agent named Cushing, suspecting that he is the killer of four normal agents in the Company. They follow Cushing and enter an industrial building, only to find Cushing standing next to the dead body of another agent. They accuse Cushing of killing her with his ability. Cushing tries to flee, but winds up sparring with Thompson, Jr. until Devin shoots him dead, saving Thompson, Jr.'s life. However, due to Cushing's last words and a flower sent to Thompson, Jr. by evsdropr, Thompson, Jr. realizes that evsdropr set them up and tricked them into killing Cushing, who is not responsible for the murders.
Two weeks later, when Thompson, Jr. is in a Company file room reading information on his new partner, Donna Dunlap, Donna interrupts and looks at a photo of a painting by Isaac Mendez that shows her dead.
- The artist rendering in the Easter Egg picture of this graphic novel is used in the Assignment Tracker file of Donna as her primary picture.
- A giant drum at Borno Industries has "LCtsn45p" written on the side. This is the password for Leonard Cushing's assignment tracker profile at primatechpaper.com.
- For images from Trust Issues, Part 1, see images from Trust Issues, Part 1.
- For Robert Atkins's original art from Trust Issues, Part 1, see here.
- For Trust Issues, Part 1's script, see here.