Graphic Novel:War Buddies, Part 4
| War Buddies, Part 4|
No Turning Back
|Issue #: ||27 ||Released: ||April 2, 2007 |
|Story by:||Timm Keppler|
|Art by:||Jason Badower|
|Digital Inks by:||Annette Kwok|
|Colors by:||Annette Kwok|
|Produced by:||Aspen MLT Inc.|
|Easter Egg:||Behind-the-scenes image of Sendhil Ramamurthy and Zachary Quinto|
|Previous:||War Buddies, Part 3|
|Next:||War Buddies, Part 5|
|Get ready for some fireworks.|
|When Hana Gitelman delved further into the Lonestar File, she learned that two United States soldiers in the Vietnam War went into the jungle to locate a downed plane. Once there, they found no survivors but saw their first glimpse of a small farming village surrounded by a lush valley of crops. One, Austin, wanted to return to base camp where he could help the wounded with his ability. However, the other, Dallas, insisted that they could save more lives by taking out the village, and perhaps, finish the war.|
But in order to end it, they would have to learn the secret of Au Co.
Dallas and Austin prepare for their attack on the village of Au Co. A girl seemingly causes enormous plants to sprout from the ground. When Austin realizes she too is an evolved human, Dallas remarks that she is the enemy, and Austin is ordered to carry out the attack. After rigging C4 explosives around the village, Austin and Dallas carry out the attack. In the midst of explosions, a villager cries out to the special girl, calling her "Au Co". Dallas, realizing that the mission was to kill the girl instead of destroying the village, tries to fire, only to be interrupted by Austin.
- Dallas is later revealed to be Arthur Petrelli.
- Austin is later revealed to be Daniel Linderman.
- Digital display for wristwatches did not appear until 1972, almost four years after the events that occurred in the graphic novel.
- Austin and Dallas's watches switch from their left wrists to their right and back again, and at times are completely nonexistent. Jason Badower publicly apologized for the continuity error.
- This issue is the first graphic novel that Annette Kwok digitally inked.
- For images from War Buddies, Part 4, see images from War Buddies, Part 4.
- For Jason Badower's original art from War Buddies, Part 4 and notes about his work, see here.
- Heroes on NBC.com
- Downloadable PDF comic on archive.org — Note: Requires Adobe Acrobat or compatible reader to view