From Heroes Wiki
Heroes Wiki content
All content at Heroes Wiki is made available under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs license.
Notice to Owners of Copyrighted Works
The DMCA provides a legal procedure by which you can request any Online Service Provider to disable access to a website where your copyrighted work(s) are appearing without your permission. There are two parts to the legal procedure: (1) Writing a Proper DMCA Notice, and (2) Sending the Proper DMCA Notice to the Designated Agent.
How to Write a Proper DMCA Notice
A Proper DMCA Notice will notify site owner of particular facts in a document signed under penalty of perjury. We refer to this as a "Proper DMCA Notice." To Write a Proper DMCA notice, please provide the following information:
- Identify yourself as either:
- The owner of a copyrighted work(s), or
- A person "authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
- State your contact information, including your TRUE NAME, street address, telephone number, and email address.
- Identify the copyrighted work that you believe is being infringed, or if a large number of works are appearing at a single website, a representative list of the works.
- Identify the material that you claim is infringing your copyrighted work, to which you are requesting that the site owner disable access over the World Wide Web.
- Identify the location of the material on the World Wide Web by providing "information reasonably sufficient to permit the site owner to locate the material."
- State that you have "a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agents, or the law."
- State that the information in the notice is accurate, under penalty of perjury.
Sign the notice with either a physical or verifyable electronic signature.
Sending The Proper DMCA Notice to the Designated Agent
To exercise your DMCA rights, you must send your Proper DMCA Notice to the site owner (also referred to as the "Designated Agent".) The contact information for the Designated Agent is:
What We Do When We Receive A Proper DMCA Notice
We will follow the procedures provided in the DCMA, which prescribed a notice and takedown procedure, subject to our right to submit a Counter-notification claiming lawful use of the disabled works.
Notice and Takedown Procedure
It is expected that all users of any part of this site will comply with applicable copyright laws. However, if we are notified of claimed copyright infringement, or otherwise becomes aware of facts and circumstances from which infringement is apparent, we will respond expeditiously by removing, or disabling access to, the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity.
Notice to Users of Heroes Wiki
You are required to use only lawfully-acquired creative works as website content, and your content may be disabled or removed upon receipt of notice that infringing material is appearing there.
The site owner may, at its discretion, use all appropriate means to terminate user access to its system or network who are repeat infringers.
Accommodation of Standard Technical Measures
It is the site owner's policy to accommodate and not interfere with standard technical measures it determines are reasonable under the circumstances, i.e., technical measures that are used by copyright owners to identify or protect copyrighted works.
Policy With Regard To Non-Compliant Communications
The site owner has discretion to handle non-compliant notices in whatever manner appears to be reasonable given the circumstances presented.
Submission of Misleading Information
The submission of misleading information of any sort in a notification or counter-notification submitted to the site owner voids any claim of right made by the submitting party.