From Heroes Wiki
D.L. is a hero.
Season One Recurrences
- Claire saves a man from a burning train car.
- Nathan attempts to save his brother after he jumps off of a 15-story building.
- Audrey and Matt go after Sylar when he has infiltrated the safehouse where Molly is being kept.
- Hiro and Ando save a Japanese schoolgirl.
- Matt talks an armed would-be robber into going home.
- Future Hiro risks a rift by going back in time to give Peter the ominous message about how he can "save the world".
- Despite uncertainties of what the exact consequences will be, Hiro goes back in time to save Charlie.
- Peter goes to the Union Wells High School in Odessa in order to "save the cheerleader". He initially sacrifices himself to save Claire Bennet, but mimics her power and survives.
- Faced with the risk that Sylar may take her very dangerous ability, Eden sacrifices her life.
- Hiro, distraught at arriving too late to save the cheerleader, turns his attention to stopping an exploding man.
- Still unsure of his powers, Peter jumps off a building to save Claude.
- Hiro reverses time to save his best friend.
- Matt and Mr. Bennet put themselves at risk in order to save the Bennet Family.
- Claire fights through fire and radiation to tranquilize Ted.
- Mr. Bennet asks to be shot and "mind-wiped" to save Claire.
- The Haitian gives up his job and his security in order to help the Bennets.
- Mr. Bennet is determined to take down the Company.
- Ando helps save Hiro from Corinthian security guards.
- Isaac accepts his death at the hands of Sylar; knowing that he has passed on the secrets of defeating Sylar and preventing the explosion, his role is complete.
- Mohinder kills the Haitian so Hiro can escape to stop the explosion.
- Mr. Bennet helps families of evolved humans escape from the Department of Homeland Security.
- Peter and Hiro (explosion future) infiltrate the Department of Homeland Security to rescue Hiro.
- Mohinder and Matt stop Mr. Bennet from shooting Molly.
- Ando tries to stop Sylar by himself, and is rescued by Hiro.
- Niki, Matt, Hiro, Noah, and Peter do their parts to stop Sylar.
- Nathan flies Peter into the sky, saving millions of New Yorkers from the explosion.
Season Two Recurrences
- Mohinder cures the Haitian of the Shanti virus.
- Peter saves Caitlin from being attacked.
- Hiro stops Whitebeard and his men from attacking Yaeko.
- Takezo Kensei obtains the fire scroll from ninety angry ronin in order to find Yaeko's father.
- Maya uses her ability in order to rescue Alejandro.
- Peter stops Will from shooting Ricky.
- Hiro saves Japan by destroying Whitebeard's guns.
- Matt rescues Molly from the nightmare his father has trapped her in.
- Nathan risks death by flying a radioactive Peter up into the sky, suffering extensive burns.
- Peter escapes the Company's "prison" facility, with Adam, in order to heal Nathan.
- D.L. tells Micah he wants to finally be a hero; later, he runs back into a burning building, in order to save a six-year-old girl.
- Niki runs into a burning building to save Monica, and ends up trapped inside.
- Hiro teleports Adam away, to save the world from being destroyed by the Shanti virus.
- Elle zaps Sylar in order to subdue him.
Season Three Recurrences
- Ando attempts to assault Arthur Petrelli when he attacks Hiro.
- Peter saves Claire from Flint and Knox despite not having his powers.
- Ando injects himself with the formula (stolen from Mohinder by Daphne) in order to save Hiro.
- Daphne travels back in time (with Ando's help) to rescue Hiro, just as his father is about to strike him with a sword.
- Daphne and Hiro steal the formula from Pinehearst, after which Hiro destroys it.
- Peter injects himself with the formula, gains the power of ability replication and uses it to fly Nathan to safety seconds before he would have been killed by Flint.
- Claire tries to warn Matt of Danko's team being after him, but both are captured.
- Claire uses an opportunity to sneak aboard Flight 195 and starts freeing evolved human prisoners.
- Daphne is shot while trying to save the captured specials.
- Claire takes multiple bullets for the others and doesn't try to escape to allow them to get away.
- Noah refuses to take an opportunity to kill Peter and allows him to get away on purpose.
- Claire hides Alex Woolsly despite Danko watching her closely.
- A powerless Hiro fights an Indian mobster in order to save Ando and Annapurna.
- Luke creates a distraction that saves Sylar.
- Sylar rescues Luke despite supposedly only returning for a laptop computer.
- Mohinder risks capture to allow Matt to discover whether Daphne is alive.
- Peter rescues Matt from capture.
- Sandra and Claire help Alex avoid capture at the hands of Noah, Rachel, and Jason Pierce.
- Noah tries to secretly warn Peter of what Danko is trying to do and when that fails, he is saved by Nathan who flies him to safety.
- Nathan risks his own life to try to help Matt disarm a bomb put on him by Danko. The two succeed and save many people who would have been killed had it gone off.
- Claire saves Eric Doyle from being captured by Jason Pierce and Rachel.
- Peter rescues his mother from being captured.
- Tracy escapes and frees Matt and Mohinder, allowing them to take Daphne to a hospital.
- Tracy freezes multiple members of Danko's team, and herself, in order to allow Micah to escape.
- Sylar uses his Shape shifting powers to fool Danko into thinking he has killed the real Rebel, when in fact, Micah is safe.
- Hiro and Ando infiltrate Building 26 and rescue everyone captured by Danko's team, defeating the team at the same time.
- Even with a warning from Mohinder to not use his powers, Hiro freezes time to rescue Noah Bennet from Danko's betrayal.
- Nathan and Peter risk their lives to stop Sylar and save the President. Nathan is killed, but Peter further risks his life by shape shifting into the President in order to get close enough to Sylar to knock him out, which works.
Season Four Recurrences
- Hiro time travels numerous times to stop a man from committing a suicide, despite his terminal condition.
- Nathan's consciousness battles Sylar for control of Sylar's body in order to save his family and succeeds.
- Peter rescues people taken hostage and shot at by a disgruntled worker.
- Hiro and Ando travel to a psychiatric hospital to rescue Doctor Mohinder Suresh who Hiro trapped there.
- Sylar rescues Emma from Eric Doyle.
- Peter saves thousands of people by hitting Samuel with a flying tackle, disrupting his concentration in creating an earthquake and then entering into a terrakinetic battle with Samuel long enough for everyone to get to saftey.
|This section is a stub. You can help by . In particular, this section needs occurrences after Distractions.|
Some deeds need not involve notable risk to the person doing them, but still go above and beyond the norm.
- Isaac paints new pictures intent on finding more clues to save New York City from the explosion.
- Claire punches Jackie in defense of an insulted Zach.
- Simone shows an image of the missing painting to Peter, knowing it's important in his quest to save the world.
- Peter attempts to leave New York City after discovering that he may be the source of the explosion.
- Simone offers Hiro help in his quest to recover his powers.
- Hiro risks his relationship with his father and the future of his employment by helping out his sister.
Graphic Novel Recurrences
- Nathan flies into a burning building to rescue Sheila who is trapped. (Trial By Fire)
- Despite her previous actions, Claire saves Brody from certain death. (Aftermath)
- Matt arrests an armed robber. (Control)
- Audrey risks life and limb to capture a serial killer. (Turning Point)
- Peter has a vision of himself heroically ridding the world of an evil man. (Super-Heroics)
- Hana's grandmother joined a guerrilla-like resistance group to fight the technologically superior Nazi's. (Wireless, Part 1)
- Hana gathers intelligence to save the lives of countless Tanzanians from a microbiological attack. (Wireless, Part 3)
- Micah takes on a bully in honor of his mother. (Bully)
- Hana enters an unknown situation to save a girl from a predator. (The Path of the Righteous)
- Mr. Bennet puts himself at great risk to save an infant from a fire. (Hell's Angel)
- Austin heals a badly wounded Dallas. (War Buddies, Part 2)
- Dallas and Austin receive silver medals for their Vietnam War valor. (War Buddies, Part 5)
- Peter and Hiro break into Moab Federal Penitentiary, defeat a group of agents, and rescue innocent men and women. (Walls)
- Hana bravely travels into space and destroys a satellite, risking (and losing) her own life. (The Death of Hana Gitelman)
- Betty rushes to Ren's aid when he is tormented by a bully. (Betty, Part 1)
- Claude and Haram work tirelessly to rid France of a murderer. (Golden Handshake)
- Ando bravely states to Fumio Fukazawa and his gang of Tokyo bikers that he will defend Kimiko Nakamura with his life. (Heroism is Found in the Heart, Part 2)
- A young boy admits to witnessing several deaths in his Central American town and helps a policeman to draw the people he believes are responsible. (Maya y Alejandro)
- D.L. saves the rest of his crew by phasing through a burning building to shut off the gas tap. (Man on Fire)
- Bob calls Matt Neuenberg a hero for being able to save all the Company's mainframe information in his brain. (The End of Hana and Drucker)
- While being blinded by Howard Grigsby, Noah rushes into his room and shoots the chandelier over Howard's head in act of desperation to save the lives of Butlers, the Haitian and himself. (Blindsided)
- Devin Patterson fights with the German, putting himself on the line to buy Bianca Karina time to save her fiancé. (Berlin, Part 2)
- Donna sacrifices herself to save Thompson Jr. (Into the Wild, Part 3)
- Gael tells Sylar that he is the special one, granting Bianca a quick death. (Dreams Until Death)
- Noah and The Haitian bag and tag Knox and Jesse Murphy who had just slaughtered everyone in a neighborhood with their deadly abilities. (The Sting of Injustice)
- A reformed Sylar saves Rachel St. John from three Level 5 escapees. (Viewpoints)
- Anna uses her ability to stop the frenzied guards who attack Claire. (Red Eye, Part 2)
- Matt saves Heather Haze from an assailant. (Almost Famous)
- Alex uses his ability to save a drowning surfer. (The Swimmer)
- Noah shoots The Russian, who was about to stab Ivan. (Comrades, Part 2)
- Rachel saves Howie Kaplan from falling off the roof and being captured by Danko's team. (Hanging By a Thread)
- Ando saves baby Matt from being hit by falling melons. (Baby Power)
- West flies onto a Building 26 helicopter's screen to block the agents' view and prevent them from shooting Alex. (Scenic Route)
- Rachel releases several of Danko's captives and helps them escape. (Exodus)
- Monica uses her powers to be a hero in New Orleans. (Rebellion, Part 1)
- Sparrow uses her earth powers to save herself and Micah from the government. (Rebellion, Part 2)
- West and Sparrow team up to save Abigail and her "family". (Rebellion, Part 3)
- The team of Rebel infiltrate Building 26 and save Nana and Damon Dawson. (Rebellion, Part 4)
- Rebel and Molly Walker risk their lives in an attempt to save Claude, Lee and Monica and succeed in saving Claude and Lee. (Rebellion, Part 6)
- Rebel infiltrates an abandoned hospital to save Monica and finally succeed in rescuing her. (Rebellion, Part 7)
- Tracy saves two thieves whom Amanda trapped in a car they attempted to steal. (Amanda's Journey, Part 2)
- Matt hears his wife call him "hero". (Six Months Ago)
- Claire thanks Peter for his heroics, saying, "You're totally my hero." (Fallout)
- Hiro calls Takezo Kensei a hero. (Godsend)
- Nathan tells Peter that he's not meant to save the world. (Godsend)
- Speaking to his father, Hiro defends his decision to help save the world. (Distractions)
- Mrs. Bennet calls Sylar "my new hero" when, posing as a Primatech Paper worker, Sylar claims to have retrieved Mr. Muggles from running away. (Distractions)
- Nathan tells Mr. Linderman that his father was his hero. (Landslide)
- Molly Walker uses her power to show Mohinder where her hero is. (Landslide)
- Simone calls Peter a hero for caring for her father. Peter replies that her father, as he approaches death, is the true hero. (How to Stop an Exploding Man)
- Ando tells Hiro that his whole life he talked about his favorite stories—Star Wars, Star Trek, Superman, Kensei—all the heroes he wanted to be. (How to Stop an Exploding Man)
- "Hero" is engraved on D.L.'s grave. (The Kindness of Strangers)
- Sylar claims to be the "hero" because Peter is the "bomb". However, Hiro proves Sylar wrong by stabbing him with Ando's sword. (How to Stop an Exploding Man)
- Officer Landry tells Monica that he needs a hero to stand up and identify the burglar. (Fight or Flight)
- Angela Petrelli convinces Sylar to join her side by telling him he will be a hero. (One of Us, One of Them)
- Claire Bennet tells Peter Petrelli that he was her hero and she's returning the favor. (It's Coming)
- For the graphic novel series Heroism is Found in the Heart, see Heroism is Found in the Heart (disambig).
- For other uses of hero, see hero (disambig).
Character connections • Child vs. parent • Death • Faith and religion • Family • Fate vs. free will • Heroism • Irony • Logic vs. emotion • Loneliness • Loyalty vs. treachery • Moral ambiguity • One punch knockout • Pressure of responsibility • Revenge • Sacrifice • Secrets and deception • Special • Women in Refrigerators
|See Also: References|