Hiro Nakamura's apartment
From Heroes Wiki
|Hiro Nakamura's apartment|
After teleporting to New York City and witnessing an explosion, Hiro is determined to honor his grandfather by somehow stopping the explosion. He goes back to his apartment and finds his copy of Action Comics, Issue #1. He rips off the cover and folds it into a paper crane. Hiro then leaves his apartment and heads for the Hiroshima Peace Memorial.
- Hiro has a poster of Ninja Skrull. This probably references Ninja Scroll, a violent Japanese action thriller anime.
- Hiro has a poster of a motorcycle that says "Akira". This probably references Akira, the animated film by Katsuhiro Otomo about a motorcycle gang in the future. Various explosions are critical plot points.
- Hiro has a poster that says "Love Bina". This probably references Love Hina, the popular manga and anime series by Ken Akamatsu.
- Hiro has a poster that says "Fathom". This probably references Fathom, a comic book created by Michael Turner for Aspen about a female superhero with water-based powers.
- The rightmost poster seems to have the letters "G" on the top and "SHE" further down, likely referencing the popular cyberpunk manga and anime series Ghost in the Shell. The face on the poster also seems to be wearing a visor or glasses like Motoko on the cover art of the first movie.
Hiro enters his apartment.
At his apartment, Hiro rips of the cover of Action Comics, Issue #1, and folds it into a paper crane.