Interview talk:Glenn Hetrick
From Heroes Wiki
Hey everybody. Glenn Hetrick just contacted me about doing an interview. Glenn is a special effects makeup artist. He also played the "elephant man" in It's Coming and The Eclipse, Part 1. Glenn owns Optic Nerve Studios, Inc. Feel submit your questions below. I'm going to email the questions to Glenn next week. I think next Tuesday evening (February 24) will be a good time to close interview submissions. Thanks, all! :) — RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 20:52, 18 February 2009 (EST)
- Tell him hi for me. Haha. —anguard 08:56, 19 February 2009 (EST)
- Just wanted to remind everybody to send in any questions you might have about special effects with makeup. I'll be sending them in around 8 pm on Tuesday. :) — RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 00:13, 24 February 2009 (EST)
Questions for Glenn
- Tell us how you got your SAG name, Glenn Strange.
- Pictures are worth a thousand words. Glenn, could you share some pictures of your work on Heroes? It'd be great to see some shots of the final product, but even cooler to see shots of your work in process. Thanks!
- Of the many, many makeup effects you have done for Heroes, which is your favorite? Why?
- Who is your favorite character to work with?
- Was there one effect that was/seemed more costly than average?
- Your company's website notes you also specialize in animatronics. How long does it take on average to put together such a puppet. Have you used any animatronics on Heroes? And if so, can you give us any examples of the animatronics you developed?
- What's your favorite affect you've been involved with on Heroes?
- With the abilities how do you decide what effects to do, and how do you come up with the abilites*
- How would you go about showing a healing ability on chemical burns, My friend is doing some heroes fan videos, and i am going to do the special effects, and i need something for this. Would prosthetics be the best solution?
- How did you guys work Trevor's ability?
- Your hair is dashing. Have you got any of Mohinder's cacoon gunge in it by accient, or any weird heroes substance?
- Can you tell us something about the special effects from episodes that haven't aired yet? At least a tiny glimpse to the future episodes - something that would make us think?
- What was it like working with Sendhil Ramamurthy?
Questions About Specific Effects
- Elephant Man
- How did you go about designing it?
- What kind of design aspects did you have to throw out to arrive at the final product?
- How long did it take to make?
- How difficult was the costume to wear?
- How long did it take to put on and take off?
- How much did it weigh?
- When you made up Nathan's burnt face, about how long was the process to put that together? *What would you say are some of the most time-intensive/intricate makeup designs you have done?