|Also known as||James Kyson Lee|
|Date of birth||13 December 1975|
|Origin||Seoul, South Korea|
James Kyson is the Korean-American film and television actor who portrays Ando Masahashi.
Born in Seoul, South Korea, Kyson moved with his family to New York City at the age of ten. He graduated from Bronx High School of Science and continued his education at Boston University and New England Institute of the Arts, where he studied communications & broadcasting.
After trying out improv and inspired by his newly discovered passion for performing, Kyson sold his car and purchased a one-way ticket to Los Angeles, where he began his training in music, dance, and acting.
At his first small screen audition, he landed a guest-starring role on CBS' J.A.G., and has since appeared on CSI, NBC's Las Vegas, The West Wing, Heist, as well as ABC's Threat Matrix, and FOX's All About the Andersons. In film, Kyson recently starred in the 2008 horror feature, Shutter.
James also stars in the TV movie Termination Shock, premièring on the Sci Fi channel in summer of 2009, as well as romantic comedies White on Rice and How to make love to a woman, which hits theaters in 2010.
A student of improvisation & sketch comedy at The Groundlings, UCB and I.O. West, Kyson also enjoys playing basketball and the piano, as well as reading biographies and watching documentaries. The actor currently resides in Los Angeles.
- Throughout all of Heroes, James Kyson was credited as "James Kyson Lee". He removed the "Lee" from his name some time after the show was cancelled.
- James's surname, Kyson, comes from the first letters of his parents’ surnames (k & y) and the word son. It also means "Child of the Spirit". It was originally his middle name, but he changed it to his surname some time after Heroes was cancelled.
- James does not speak Japanese fluently, but is learning the language. In an interview, James said he studied Japanese in college. He uses the opportunity that Heroes affords him to learn the conjugations, tenses, and etymologies of the many new words in the scripts. "As an actor, I need to have an emotional connection to everything that is said and heard."
- James was a member of the jury for Miss Universe in 2007. When coming to the final question part, the Korean candidate picked his name. He then asked her, "If you could have a superpower, what would it be and what would you do with it?"
- James was once part of a Hip Hop group in college as an MC.
- Official Twitter
- Official website - James Kyson
- James Kyson on Wikipedia
-  CW morning news appearance
- Interview in Show Patrol 6/4/09
-  TV Guide Watercooler
- Interview with James Kyson at BuddyTV, 2/17/09
- Interview with James Kyson with LotsofInterviews.com, 2/30/09
- Interview with James Kyson with Movieweb, 01/18/10
- James Kyson and David Straiton work on filming Orientation