|First appearance||Don't Look Back|
|Date of death||2 October 2006|
|Residence||James Walker's home|
|Significant other||Mrs. Walker (deceased)|
|Parent||Ida May Walker (deceased)|
Matt Parkman and Audrey Hanson investigate the murder of a man and his wife, as well as the abduction of their daughter. The man (James Walker) was sitting down to a meal, and appears to have been frozen solid, mid-bite. Further, the top of his head has been sawed off, and his brain is missing. The authorities note that this fits Sylar's pattern of killing.
James's name is on Gabriel's list.
- Hiro accidentally finds himself in an LA morgue, where he sees James Walker's corpse. Hiro notices that the body has a pale, hairy foot, with a tag around the toe that says August 19. Hiro also notices that Walker has been hemicapitated. (Chapter 34)
- Hiro sees James at a zoo in Los Angeles on July 1, 2006. Hiro recognizes James as one of Sylar's victims and notes that James would be dead before the month was out. Although Hiro wants to warn and save James, he realizes that he couldn't. (Chapter 46)
James had the ability to freeze objects, which allowed him to reduce the temperature of matter causing an object to freeze in the process. Sylar found James's name on Chandra's list, then added it to his own list. He went to the Walkers' home, killing James, stealing his ability, then freezing him with his own ability as a means of "practicing".
- Mohinder looks at a picture of James, his wife, and Molly. (The Hard Part)
- In Saving Charlie, Hiro accidentally transports to a morgue where James Walker is held. He later meets James at a zoo in the past.
- In a question and answer session, writers Joe Pokaski and Aron Coleite confirmed that James Walker had the ability to freeze things before he died, but that Sylar stole it from him after he killed him. "Killed. Absorbed. Tested. In that order."
...of the Walker family...