Mohinder peruses Chandra's journal.
|First mentioned:||One Giant Leap|
|Owned by:||Chandra Suresh|
|Current status:||held by Mohinder Suresh|
Eden McCain discovers the journal inside a drive bay of Chandra's laptop when his son Mohinder angrily throws it across the room. Inside, the book contains a number of pages detailing suspected evolved humans Chandra had investigated, some with blood or other DNA samples attached. Also inside was an address for Sylar in Queens, and a key taped to a page.
Mohinder takes the journal with him when he returns to India for his father's funeral. While leafing through it, he sees the key again. Later, a strange dream leads him to try the key in his father's desk drawer in his office at Chennai University, leading him to discover Sanjog's file.
- On February 16, 1971, Chandra wrote an entry about an 87-year-old woman (Journal female 3) from Lobatse, Botswana. She was unaware that he acquired a fingernail from her while she slept. Chandra believed she may have been telepathic.
- On March 15, 1971, Chandra wrote an entry about a 22-year-old Malaysian woman (Journal female 1) from Palu, Indonesia. Attached to the entry is a toenail clipping that Chandra acquired from the woman's manicurist (whom she saw about every five days). Chandra suspected her power was "transportation". At the bottom of the entry next to a picture of a foot, he wrote a Hindi word—"nirala", which translates to "unique".
- On October 17, 1978, Chandra wrote an entry about a woman (Journal female 4) from New Canaan, Connecticut, of Polish/Russian descent. Attached is a strand of red hair that she willingly gave to Chandra. He believed her power was clairvoyance.
- On April 23, 1981, Chandra wrote an entry about a man (Journal male 2) from Chilpancingo, Mexico. Chandra saw the man a few rows ahead of him at the local theater. Chandra used his handkerchief to secretly wipe up a specimen from the man. Chandra believed his power to be transportation.
- On March 12, 1986, Chandra wrote an entry about a man (Journal male 3) with ties to Sweden. Chandra approached him and tried to engage him in a conversation. Chandra asked him the time, and the man looked at his watch and began to laugh. This behavior seemed odd to Dr. Suresh. The man informed Chandra that it was 4:20 in the afternoon. Since the man was so "out of it", Chandra decided to get the sample as quickly as he could.
- On August 2, 1988, Chandra wrote an entry about a woman (Journal female 5) from Madison, CA. Chandra noted, "I was hired at the dry cleaning store in subjects [sic] hometown. When she dropped off her laundry I went to search through the bag to get a few samples of (her hair?)". Chandra believed her power to be telepathy.
- On February 12, 2005, Chandra wrote an entry about a 13-year-old Colombian girl (Journal female 2) from Marabá, Brazil. She was Brazil's greatest wrestler; Chandra noted, "It was as if she knew every move that her opponent was going to make before they made it." Attached to the entry is what appears to be a small blood-soaked piece of paper.
- Chandra wrote an entry in his journal (seen on the left-hand page of the Botswana woman's page) about a male (Journal male 1) whose power may have been tissue regeneration.
Another entry details a Brazilian girl.
Another entry logs information about a woman from Connecticut.
Another entry logs information about a man from Chilpancingo, Mexico.
Another entry logs information about a man from Sweden.
Another entry logs information about a woman from Madison, CA.
A key is found taped to a page of the journal.
Activating Evolution • The algorithm • Blood recipients • Chandra's files • Chandra's journal • Coyote Sands films • The Genesis files • Human Genome Project • The key • The list • The map • The Mozaic file • Patient Zero • Sanjog's file
|Other Things: Artwork • Clothing • Documents • Drugs • Food • Items • Jewelry • Media • Medical Conditions • Money • Phones • Publications • Technology • Vehicles • Weapons|