Heroes Wiki is shutting down permanently on June 1 2020. For more information please see here.
|Portrayed by||Saemi Nakamura, |
Satomi Okuno (in 1995)
|Residences||formerly a penthouse apartment at the top of the Deveaux building, |
A home in Tokyo
|Occupations||Yamagato Fellowship President, |
former CEO of Yamagato Industries,
former Yamagato Executive Vice President,
former Yamagato Multi-Division Head
|Significant others||Ando Masahashi (fiancé), |
formerly Fumio Fukazawa
|Parents||Kaito Nakamura (deceased), Ishi Nakamura (deceased)|
|Grandparents||Kimiko's grandmother, |
| This article contains international text.|
Without proper rendering support, you may see question marks, boxes, or other symbols instead of the correct international text characters.
Kimiko Nakamura (Japanese: 中村貴美子) is the elder sister of Hiro Nakamura. She is the president of the Yamagato Fellowship and is engaged to her love, Ando Masahashi. She is the daughter of Kaito and Ishi Nakamura and, following a change in the space-time continuum, she is the fiancé of Ando Masahashi.
- 1 Character History
- 1.1 Distractions
- 1.2 Graphic Novel:Heroism Is Found in the Heart, Part 1
- 1.3 Graphic Novel:Heroism Is Found in the Heart, Part 2
- 1.4 Cautionary Tales
- 1.5 Graphic Novel:Past Experience
- 1.6 Graphic Novel:Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, Part 2
- 1.7 Orientation
- 1.8 Jump, Push, Fall
- 1.9 Graphic Novel:Stolen Fate
- 1.10 Acceptance
- 1.11 Thanksgiving
- 1.12 Upon This Rock
- 1.13 Pass/Fail
- 1.14 Brave New World
- 2 Heroes Evolutions
- 3 Memorable Quotes
- 4 Notes
- 5 See also
- 6 Fan Theories
At the Port Washington Harbor, Kimiko explains to Hiro that Yamagato Industries is failing. Later, when Hiro says he will take the executive vice-president job, she argues with him about his plans, ultimately revealing her intelligence and capabilities to her father. Kimiko then takes over the executive vice-president position, allowing Hiro to continue his mission.
At Yamagato Industries, Ando says hello to Kimiko excitedly, but Kimiko greets him coldly, telling him that he should be getting back to work. Kimiko exits her office after 9:00 pm, and Ando, who was waiting for her all day, asks her if he could walk her home. She agrees, and they exit together. At the lobby of the building, Kimiko says that Ando stinks, but he is still a gentleman. When they exit the building, they encounter a group of sword-bearing bikers.
Confronted by a gang of Tokyo bikers outside Yamagato's front doors, Kimiko tells Ando that she used to date the gang's leader in school, but later broke up with him. Knowing the men are there to seize Kimiko, she and Ando flee. When a diversion is created, Kimiko kicks a biker in the face and takes his motorcycle. Kimiko and Ando are chased through Tokyo's streets, and are finally cornered. Scared, Kimiko worries that Ando's heroism will get him killed. However, the bikers run away, and Kimiko throws herself into Ando's arms. She kisses her hero, not knowing the hand her father played in the events.
While arranging flowers, Kimiko Nakamura reminisces on a Kensei story her father told Hiro. Kimiko then remembers discussing a large painting of Takezo Kensei with her father in their office in Yamagato Industries. Later in time, at Kaito's funeral at Aoyama Cemetery, Kimiko is approached by Kin Egami and advised by him to take over Kaito's legacy project: the Yamagato Fellowship, as it is part of the way Yamagato will gradually ease her out of the CEO's chair. Kimiko heads to the Fellowship during normal hours, only to find that it is virtually empty. She ponders closing the museum, and leaving Takezo Kensei to obscurity.
After taking her new role as new CEO of Yamagato Industries, two of her employees, Taro and Jiro, argue over who should get a PDA sent as a welcoming gift. Kimiko remembers her father's storytelling, where Takezo Kensei split the Sword of Oni when his followers argued over its possession. She grabs her father's sword from the wall and slices the PDA in half, telling them that there is only Yamagato, not individual employees. While they hold onto their respective halves of the PDA, Kimiko calls Dai, an employee of the Fellowship, and tells her they will expand the Yamagato Fellowship online to bring the stories of past heroes to the people.
Hiro and Ando look at a photo of themselves with Kimiko taken 14 years ago at a carnival. Ando comments that he spilled a slushy on Kimiko that night and ever since then she has hated him and thought he was an idiot. Hiro comforts his friend, noting Kimiko doesn't think he is an idiot. Kimiko then enters the room, furious and calling both Hiro and Ando idiots. She is angry that the spent over 50 milllion yen on their "project" and takes it out on Ando as she believes it was his idea. Kimiko leaves telling them that they can have no more money.
Hiro returns from visiting the past and wonders if anything has changed for Ando or Kimiko. Kimiko enters the room and tells Hiro that if he wishes to continue using it he will have to pay her rent. Hiro leaves the room and looks back to see Kimiko and Ando kissing. Ando reveals Kimiko and himself have been in love for fourteen years.
Kimiko goes to speak with Hiro and tells him that seeing as how they are both adults and the last of the Nakamuras, she would like him to give her away at her wedding. Hiro tells her that she will and Kimiko rushes to tell Ando the good news. Unbeknownst to Kimiko, Ando continuously tells Hiro to be honest with Kimiko about his condition.
Later, after saving Tadashi, Hiro speaks with Kimiko and tells her that he has many stories that she should know. Ando watches them both and smiles when Kimiko and Hiro hug each other. Ando enters but Hiro disappears, much to Ando and Kimiko's shock.
As Ando tries to understand the strange things that Hiro is saying, Kimiko comes in with the number of a neurosurgeon and insists on getting Hiro professional help because he's all the family she has left. Ando asks her to wait and insists that Hiro's statements have some meaning they need to figure out. She is confused when Hiro mentions the Danger Room, but Ando realizes he's referring to the X-Men and goes to leave, telling Kimiko that he's heading for the room where Hiro keeps his comic books. Hiro thanks Kimiko in his own way and she tearfully sighs and watches him follow Ando.
- Hiro recalls that his big sister, Kimiko, was a big believer in "retail therapy". Whenever she was upset, she'd go buy something to cheer herself up. (Chapter 8)
- After listening to Kimiko's stories about the dates she went on, Hiro knows that one unforgivable sin in a man's apartment was dirt. (Chapter 12)
- The day before he turns 13, Hiro is given a book called I Like Me: A Growing Guide for Girls. This is the same book that Ishi had given Kimiko a few years earlier when she had turned thirteen. Kimiko screams when she sees that Hiro is reading the book. Then she laughs and says that the book is lame. She can't believe that the book would suggest celebrating menses with a "personal monthly ritual". (Chapter 16)
- The spring before Hiro starts 9th grade, Kimiko spends her break at the beach with a group of friends. (Chapter 17)
- 11-year-old Hiro has a crush on Tami Oyoki, Kimiko's best friend. Hiro notes that the two girls are very dissimilar; since this is before Kimiko's wild phase, Kimiko is studious, practical, and flat-chested with no curves at all. Tami and Kimiko would go to the Nakamuras' home each day to do homework, and Kimiko would always yell at Hiro or slam the door in his face. Tami would tell Kimiko to leave Hiro alone, and Kimiko would say that Hiro has a crush on Tami. After one particular slumber party, Kimiko leaves with Tami in an older boy's car to go shopping in Shimo-Kitazawa. (Chapter 25)
- When they were kids, Kimiko used to make Hiro practice dancing to the Hanson CD she got for her 10th birthday. They would practice loudly until their father would tell them to stop. (Chapter 30)
- Since Hiro grew up with an older sister, he learned to accept being yelled at irrationally, and to not suggest that the yelling was menstrual-related. (Chapter 36)
- Depressed because Charlie is on a date with Lloyd, Hiro wishes he could talk with Kimiko. (Chapter 38)
- While time traveling uncontrollably, Hiro finds himself watching Tami Oyoki from Kimiko's bedroom window. (Chapter 45)
|This section is a stub. You can help by .|
"Thank you sister for showing me integrity. You've taught me to be true to myself and fight for honor. I take pride in carrying the Nakamura name."
"Tell me where my brother is."
"Why do I even bother?"
- Kimiko used to run three divisions at Yamagato Industries (Distractions). Thanks to Hiro's help, Kaito promoted her to Executive Vice President (Heroism Is Found in the Heart, Part 1).
- Kimiko may have had some level of formalized martial arts training, based on the confidence and effectiveness she showed in successfully dismounting a motorcyclist with a heel kick. (Heroism Is Found in the Heart, Part 2)
- It's shown that the only reason Kimiko used to hate Ando so much is him spilling a Slushy on her by accident. If that never happened (and it didn't thanks to Hiro), she's as much in love with him as he is with her, starting that night at the carnival fourteen years ago.
- It appears that from Acceptance onwards, Kimiko now knows that Hiro can manipulate time and space.
- For other uses of Nakamura, see Nakamura (disambig).
Please refer to Theory:Kimiko Nakamura for fan-created theories and other speculation.
Allison • Charlie Andrews • Gretchen Berg • Chris Bowman • Emma Coolidge • Damian • Evan Davis • Eric Doyle • Edgar • Eli • Ezekiel • Lauren Gilmore • Nurse Hammer • Lydia • Kimiko Nakamura • Janice Parkman • Matt Parkman, Jr. • Pregnant carny • Psychic carny • René • Reginald Stanley • Amanda Strazzulla • Tiger pants carny
| See Also: Minor Characters • Season One Characters • Season Two Characters • Season Three Characters • Heroes Reborn Characters • Future Characters • Animals • Webisodes Characters •|
Graphic Novel Characters • iStory Characters • Evolutions Characters • Book Characters • Unaired Characters • Cast