|Portrayed by||Dawn Olivieri|
The Exotic Temptress
|Date of death||2010|
|Residence||Sullivan Bros. Carnival|
|Occupations||Carnival worker, |
former target girl in Edgar's knife show
|Significant other||formerly Amanda's father|
|Other relatives||Mr. Strazzulla (brother-in-law)|
Lydia, the "painted lady", was a member of the carnival and was one of Samuel's closest confidants. When she was very young, Lydia fell pregnant and left home. She went to the carnival and made a new life for herself but she never fully let the memory of her daughter leave. She tried desperately to make sure that Amanda did not follow in her footsteps and make the wrong decisions. Eventually realizing that Samuel's vision was not the right path, Lydia attempted to rebel against him alongside Claire Bennet but was eventually shot by Eli. Just before her death, Lydia's fears were realized as Samuel revealed his true intentions to her. Lydia was an evolved human with the ability to feel the wants and desires of others.
For an episode-by-episode summary, see Lydia: Season Four History.
|This section is a stub. You can help by .|
Lydia had the ability to feel the thoughts, hopes, dreams, emotions and or desires of others. Her most common manifestation of this ability is through various tattoos on her body depicting different people. These tattoos allowed Lydia to sense different things about the people they depicted.
On at least one occasion, Lydia was able to utilize her ability through a crystal ball. During this time Lydia saw a baby and had Edgar see what he desired (Stolen Fate). Whether this means Lydia can extend what she sees to others is unknown.
In order to get a more accurate reading of people, she must physically touch them. While touching Hiro, it's indicated that she activated his ability and caused them to travel through time. Later, she is able to help him reactivate his ability when he has trouble transporting them back to the present. (Thanksgiving)
On one occasion, Lydia was able to reach out an unknown distance to Peter Petrelli and cause the compass tattoo Samuel had once put on his arm to reappear. It is unknown how she did this as her power seems to work through touch. (Close to You)
- Ability: empathy
- Lydia, the painted lady, has supercharged empathy, which shows up as tattoos on her body. (The Fifth Stage)
- Lydia's name is most likely a reference to the circa 1940 song "Lydia the Tattooed Lady" made famous by Groucho Marx.
- According to the casting call, Lydia the "tattoo girl" is 22 to 28 years old, "a little gullible, follow others' lead, [h]as a mysterious side," and is "very sexy".
- Lydia's sister, Carol, has the last name of Strazzulla. Strazzulla is also the last name of Lydia's daughter, Amanda. It is unknown whether Strazzulla is also Lydia's last name, or whether this name is Carol's married name, which she also gave to Amanda when she was under Carol's care.
- Lydia's phone number is 860-967-3180 (Slow Burn, Part 3). This is confirmed in the fish bowl toss, which is part of the virtual tour of the carnival. In fact, the phone number is the password to continue the Assignments chapter of the iStory Slow Burn.
Please refer to Theory:Lydia for fan-created theories and other speculation.