|Date of birth||8 July 1977|
|Origin||Anaheim, CA, USA|
Milo Ventimiglia is the American film and television actor who plays the role of Peter Petrelli.
Milo has starred both on the small screen and on the silver screen. His most notable television appearances are Gilmore Girls, American Dreams, and This Is Us. In films, he can been seen in Stay Alive, Cursed, Pathology, Rocky Balboa, playing Sylvester Stallone's son, "Rocky Jr", and Armored. He appeared in Gilmore Girls with Brian Tarantina, Riki Lindhome, Mark Colson, Ethan Cohn, and Cristine Rose; in She's All That with Clea DuVall and Michael Milhoan; in Robot Chicken with Breckin Meyer and Seth Green; in Promised Land with Eugene Byrd; in CSI with David Berman; in Opposite Sex with Brian Kimmet and Rena Sofer; in American Dreams with Matthew John Armstrong; in Dirty Deeds with Michael Milhoan; in the broad comedy That's My Boy; and in Pathology with Alan Blumenfeld. In 2009, Milo acted in an episode of the web series Cinemash, in which celebrities parody their favorite film roles.
Milo voices the character "Wolverine" ("Logan") in the television series Iron Man, Wolverine, and Blade. He also does the voice for a playable character in the video game X-Men: Destiny. Additionally, he appeared as "The Ogre" in Gotham and as "Spider-Man Noir" in TV's Ultimate Spider-Man. Milo has also acted in a number of commercials, including ads for Mountain Dew, T-Mobile, Estée Lauder, and Apple iBook. He was featured prominently in Fergie's 2007 "Big Girls Don't Cry" music video. Milo also directed a series of webisodes for American Eagle Outfitters entitled It's a Mall World, and then returned to create a series of claymation shorts entitled Winter Tales.
In addition to his acting, Milo runs the DiVide Pictures production company with partner Russ Cundiff. It is mostly a film and television production company. However, in 2009, Milo co-produced the comic book Berserker, which his company adapted from a screenplay written by ex-Friday Night Lights writer Rick Loverd.
- According to IMDb, Milo Ventimiglia was the first main actor to be cast. However, according to an interview with casting director Jason La Padura, "Milo's role is one of the last roles cast". Jason also said that Milo's role was among the most difficult to cast because of age considerations.
- Milo said that he originally read for the role of Isaac.
- Milo is a lacto-vegetarian, meaning he will not eat meat or eggs, but eats all other dairy products such as milk, yogurt, and cheese. He has been a lacto-vegetarian since he was a child.
- He dated Gilmore Girls co-star Alexis Bledel for two years.
- Milo is co-owner of DiVide Pictures with Russ Cundiff. They produced It's a Mall World as well as several comics. They also founded the DiVide Social Club, a spin-off of DiVide Pictures.
- Milo Ventimiglia produced the comic book Berserker, about individuals who have tremendous strength. This comic book was featured in Tabula Rasa, when Hiro read it while staying in the hospital.
- Milo appears in Fergie's music video "Big Girls Don't Cry".
- Milo donated the leather jacket he wore playing Jess on Gilmore Girls to an auction benefiting the Musicians Assistance Program.
- Milo is right-handed.
- Milo's mouth is crooked because he was born with dead nerve endings in his lower lip.
- On April 19, 2009, Milo Ventimiglia contributed his art to the Heroes for Autism fundraiser.
- For a time, Milo dated the woman who portrays his on-screen niece, Hayden Panettiere.
- Milo auditioned for a role in the proposed Gilmore Girls spin-off. Had things turned out a certain way, Adrian Pasdar could have ended up playing Milo's father. Since there are only twelve years difference between them, the casting director said they would be better off playing brothers. Years later, Adrian and Milo would portray brothers in Heroes.
- Official Website
- Milo's YouTube
- Twitter (maintained by Milo and his DiVide partners)
- Milo Ventimiglia at Famtic.com
- MySpace (maintained by Milo and his DiVide partners)
- Interview with Milo Ventimiglia and Adrian Pasdar at 9thWonders.com, 10/31/06
- Milo Ventimiglia on Wikipedia
- Milo Ventimiglia on TRL, 7/18/07
- Press Conference with Milo Ventimiglia, Jack Coleman, Hayden Panettiere, Adrian Pasdar, and Dennis Hammer during the Heroes World Tour, 8/30/07
- Interview with Milo Ventimiglia and Adrian Pasdar on BBC Breakfast, 8/31/07
- Interview with Milo Ventimiglia and Adrian Pasdar on This Morning, 8/31/07
- Interview with Milo Ventimiglia and Hayden Panettiere on Richard & Judy, 8/31/07
- Interview with Milo Ventimiglia at CNN, 12/7/07
- Interview with Milo Ventimiglia at Mr. Media's blog, 12/15/07
- Interview with Milo Ventimiglia at Superhero Hype!, 2/26/08
- Interview with Milo Ventimiglia at Comic Book Resources, 11/12/08
- Milo Ventimiglia is often in YouTube videos via russ181's channel.
- Interview with Milo Ventimiglia at NY Daily News, 6/30/09
- Interview with Milo Ventimiglia in which he discusses Heroes Reborn, 4/13/15