From Heroes Wiki
|Portrayed by||Jenn Sprague|
|First appearance||From the Files of Primatech, Part 3|
|Debut||March 15, 2010|
|Known abilities||Energy absorption, transference, and redirection|
|Formal name||Mindy Jill Sprague|
|Date of birth||June 11, 1948|
|Home||formerly Indiana, |
formerly Los Angeles, CA
|Residence||Londonderry Township, PA|
|Occupations||Formerly TMI safety regulator, |
Formerly Company agent
|Parents||Ernest Sprague, |
|Child||Ted Sprague (deceased)|
|Siblings||Unnamed older brother, |
Unnamed older sister,
Two unnamed younger siblings
|Other relatives||Karen Sprague (daughter in law, deceased)|
In 1978, Mindy tries to hand her boss, Alfred Washburn, a file on her safety inspections. Al does not want to take the files and insults Mindy, claiming that she should not be working there. Mindy reminds him that it is her first day, but Al does not want to hear it. Angry, Mindy leaves and goes to tea with Angela Petrelli. Mindy complains about Al and how she would like to shave her name into his mustache, which Angela finds amusing. As their children play, Angela and Mindy discuss her mission at the plant, and Angela encourages her to continue.
Taking Angela's advice, Mindy interrupts Al's poker game and slams a file onto the desk while her hand is mysteriously glowing. She informs Al in front of his friends that the plant is in serious violations of several safety laws, which forces Al to take action. Later, Mindy contemplates her new job and life and one day, while leading some workers, she and Al discuss the new core. Al informs her that it has already been changed, and a meltdown occurs. Mindy tells everyone to get out, and stops Al from waiting for her. She then runs to the core, her arm once again shining. Mindy enters the core and a bright glow is seen.
In 1978, Mindy enters the reactor and begins to absorb the energy from the meltdown. Her entire body shines and she screams out as the energy surges through her entire being. The power gets into her body and illuminates her skeleton. As Mindy's body begins to give way, she screams out that she has to put an end to it and redirects all of the energy from the blast out of her body. Mindy collapses, but not before seeing the power of the blast escape through a vent.
Later, Mindy awakens in a hospital bed as Alfred Washburn looks over her. Alfred explains that he was afraid Mindy would not wake up and Mindy asks where Ted is. Alfred tells her about everything, and Mindy wonders what storm he is talking about. Alfred shows her the storm and Mindy realizes what she did. Terrified, she asks if Alfred said "Angela". Later, Angela tells the other Company founders that Mindy and Ted have disappeared.
The case file also contains a psychological history:
Mindy has the ability to absorb, transfer, and redirect energy. She has been seen to emit a bright light from her hand/arm, when she absorbs energy. According to her Assignment Tracker profile, she can also transfer and redistribute energy.
A surveillance video of Mindy running down the hallway.
Mindy attempts to stop the core meltdown.
- The password to Mindy's Assignment Tracker 2.0 profile appears on a chalkboard at Three Mile Island. However, the password show on the board is MSkni24ap; the password that gains access to the profile is MSkni24at.
- Mindy is the mother of Ted Sprague and worked at a nuclear power plant. Her son could emit radiation from his body.
- Mindy's Assignment Tracker profile lists her two different abilities for her: energy absorption, transference, and redirection, and electric manipulation. The listing of electric manipulation is a mistake, as the image's URL matches the URL for the diagram depicting Elle's ability. Additionally, all other references to Mindy's ability call it some form of "energy absorption, transference, and redirection"—never "electric manipulation".
- Mindy listed Chris Coolidge as one of her favorite singers.
- For other uses of Sprague, see Sprague (disambig).
Please refer to Theory:Mindy Sprague for fan-created theories and other speculation.