|Nicknames||Little stud muffin, Little fluffy|
|Home||formerly Odessa, TX; |
currently Costa Verde, CA
|Residence||Single-family home in Costa Verde, CA|
|Occupations||Breeding showdog, Pet|
|Significant other||Miss Lovegood|
For an episode-by-episode summary, see Mr. Muggles: Season One History.
Sandra speaks with Claire about her day, telling her about an offer one of her friends made to have their dog breed with Mr. Muggles. Later, when Claire accidentally severs her hand, Mr. Muggles drinks up her blood, much to her disgust. Mr. Muggles is soon entered in a competition, which he and Sandra fail to win. One day, when Sylar breaks into the house, Mr. Muggles is used as an excuse by the deranged serial killer. He tells Sandra that Mr. Muggles was running around in the street and that the back door was left open. When Sandra begins to exhibit some memory loss, Claire learns that it is far worse than anyone feared as Sandra does not even recognize Mr. Muggles. The family leaves the dog at home while they go to the hospital and Mr. Muggles becomes aware that people are breaking in. He goes to the door to see who it is and Ted Sprague and Matt Parkman enter the house. The family (Mr. Muggles included) is held prisoner inside the house. When Sandra is freed, she rescues Mr. Muggles and the entire family witnesses Claire regenerate. Later, Candice Wilmer uses Mr. Muggles as a discussion topic in order to convince Noah that she is Sandra.
For an episode-by-episode summary, see Mr. Muggles: Season Two History.
Mr. Muggles goes with his family to Costa Verde where, according to Sandra, he has trouble fitting in. Sandra claims that Mr. Muggles is having trouble readjusting to normal life after spending time in a luxury hotel. Claire soon decides to test the limits of her ability and puts on a dog program to keep Mr. Muggles happy. Mr. Muggles spots West spying on them and rushes outside with Claire. While Claire cannot see West, Mr. Muggles continuously barks and leaps up at the sky. Mr. Muggles continues to live a Californian lifestyle until Noah Bennet is killed. While Sandra sits and mourns, Mr. Muggles rushes up to comfort her. Soon after, Mr. Muggles detects Noah at the door and rushes to greet him.
For an episode-by-episode summary, see Mr. Muggles: Season Three History.
Mr. Muggles sits with a traumatized Claire while she waits for the family to return home. Two months later, Mr. Muggles sits with the family at the breakfast table while they discuss Claire's college hunting. He later accompanies Sandra to Claire's room, where he finds a half eaten sandwich under the bed and hears Alex Woolsly in the closet. He barks at the doors, causing Alex to fall and expose himself. Later, Sandra goes to Washington to look for Claire. Lyle calls Sandra and asks where Mr. Muggles medicine is. Sandra tells him where it is and Lyle hangs up.
During the summer, Mr. Muggles is at home with Claire and Sandra and listens as Claire tells Sandra about a group of people that are in town. Mr. Muggles rushes outside and meets with Markus Gaines, who understands what he is saying. He controls Mr. Muggles and several other dogs, getting them to attack Claire, Sandra and the newly arrived Mags. While the other dogs attack the other girls, Mr. Muggles is the only one attacking Sandra, much to her shock. Markus is soon beaten and Mr. Muggles seeks forgiveness by cuddling up to Sandra.
Claire's "sign up" profile picture, as seen on Gretchen's computer, is a shot of Claire holding Mr. Muggles.
When Claire is telling a fairy tale version of her life story to the carnival children, she depicts her family as frogs and Mr. Muggles as a tadpole.
"He still humps my leg when I watch TV."
"It's just you, me, and Mr. Muggles."
"Hi, little fluffy. Claire home from school yet? No? We'll just wait. Now, what's your name?"
"I'm not gonna nuke the dog! I wouldn't hurt, uh ... Mr. Muggles, would I?"
- According to the episode commentary on NBC.com, the dog who normally plays Mr. Muggles, Lestat, was unavailable for The Fix due to a scheduling conflict. His stand-in was a good deal smaller and colored differently, so he spent the entire episode painted and wearing a sweater to minimize the discrepancy.
- Sylar calls Mr. Muggles "little fluffy". (Distractions)
- Much to the chagrin of many Heroes fans, it was Mr. Muggles's affinity for shoes that prevented Sandra Bennet from revealing her husband's name. It wasn't until 9 episodes later during the season finale that his name was finally revealed. (Distractions)
- Muggle is a word used in the Harry Potter series of books by J.K. Rowling to refer to a human who does not have magical abilities. Writers have confirmed that the dog was named with this term in mind. Similar to Harry Potter, Claire has been adopted by a family who does not have any special abilities. Incidentally, Miss Lovegood seems to have been named after "Luna Lovegood", a character from the Harry Potter series.
- On Greg Beeman's blog, Allan Arkush discusses a scene filmed in The Second Coming where Mr. Muggles barks at Sylar while Claire is locked in the closet. "Sylar raises his finger, the way he always does when he’s going to take off the top of someone’s head. So, you started to get worried if Mr. Muggles is going to be Okay. And then, Sylar flicks his finger – and Mr. Muggles shoots backwards out the doggie door."
- In Behind the Eclipse: Week 5, Chuck Kim jokingly states that Mr. Muggles has the ability to rearrange matter on a sub-atomic level.
- For an unknown reason Mr. Muggles is Sylar's pet in the "exposed future" but is presumably killed when Sylar destroys Costa Verde.
The Bennets keep a framed picture of their prize dog hanging in their home.
Mr. Muggles's thirst for blood overwhelms him after Claire's accident.
Mr. Muggles meets manatees.
Please refer to Theory:Mr. Muggles for fan-created theories and other speculation.