| Music City Mall
|Location: ||Odessa, TX |
|Purpose: ||Mall |
Hiro buys a Japanese phrase book for Charlie at Music City Mall.
- B. Dalton
- Comic-book store
- Foot Locker
- Forever 21
- Indoor ice rink
- Orange Julius
- Hiro decides to go to the mall to buy Charlie a Japanese phrase book. (Chapter 7)
- Hiro takes the Midland-Odessa public transportation system to the mall. He walks through the spotless glass doors of the mall and thinks it's awesome. He believes that he could happily spend the next six months wandering the halls. After buying a Japanese phrase book at B. Dalton, he buys close to $600 worth of clothes and other items. After getting a little lost, Hiro stumbles upon a comic-book store. He meets PJ, who shows Hiro several issues of Robogirl. (Chapter 8)
- To choose the right outfit, Hiro heads to the mall four times. While there, he only gets lost twice. (Chapter 12)
- Hiro decides to get serious about his mission to save Charlie. With no other ideas springing to mind about where to or how to start, he decides to start again at the same place he had started last time—the Music City Mall. (Chapter 17)
- At the mall, PJ gives Hiro a copy of Robogirl #215, and Hiro learns an important lesson from the comic. He strolls past the food court buys a cup of lemonade, and then decides to go back and get a cup of lemonade for PJ as thanks. (Chapter 18)
- Music City Mall in Odessa really exists in real life.
- When he is lost, Hiro asks, "Would a mall have two Foot Lockers?" (Chapter 8). In actuality, Music City Mall has one Foot Locker, and a Foot Action five stores down.