From Heroes Wiki
"Land of the Midnight Sun"
- Primatech contracted player
In chapter 5 of Operation Splinter in the iStory, the Primatech contracted player shares an experience the player had in Norway with Jeremy Woo. The player recalls being caught in a blizzard in Norway such that the player's team split in two tents to get out of the storm. When the blizzard was over, the player's team had to dig out of their tents. The player's team was able to dig out, but they never found the other tent.
- Norway has several of the tallest waterfalls in the world. The Vinnufossen and Baläifossen waterfalls are the sixth and seventh tallest in the world.
- Hammerfest, Norway claims to be the world's northernmost city. This title is disputed by Honningsvåg, Norway; Barrow, Alaska; and Longyearbyen, Svalbard. The validity of the claim depends upon one's definition of a city; Hammerfest is the world's northernmost settlement of more than 5,000 inhabitants.
- During its summer season (about the end of April to the middle of August), Norway has more daylight than any other country. During that time, the northernmost portion of Norway has daylight for 24 hours a day. For this reason, Norway is one of several regions in the world called the "Land of the Midnight Sun".
- The Nobel Peace Prize is awarded annually by a committee in Norway.
Bangalore, India • Buenos Aires, Argentina • Chiribiquete National Park • Mohinder's office • Monasterio de la Cruz • Norway • Panama Canal • Ruins of Copán • Seville, Spain • University of Virginia • The Vasquezes' home
|Related Evolutions Portals: Characters • Websites • Other|