Heroes Wiki is shutting down permanently on June 1 2020. For more information please see here.
A newspaper proves to Hiro that the date is November 8.
|First mentioned:||Don't Look Back|
|Date of event:||November 8, 2006|
November 8th is the date on which the explosion occurred.
Hiro time travels five weeks into the future, and finds himself in New York City. When he happens upon Isaac, mutilated and dead in his studio, Hiro is investigated by Detective Furakowa and another NYPD detective. When Hiro insists that the date is still October, the detective shows him a copy of the New York Chronicle. The date reads "November 8", and the headline reads "Petrelli Wins in Landslide". Hiro and the detectives witness a huge explosion He quickly returns to the present before he is caught in the explosion.
Five years after the explosion, Hiro and Ando come from the past to find evolved humans are in despair. The President holds a memorial ceremony for the five year anniversary of the explosion that destroyed half of New York. Peter and Future Hiro attempt to change history by helping Hiro escape.
Peter attempts to stop Sylar from causing the explosion at Kirby Plaza. After a fight ensues, Peter loses control of his newly acquired ability. Nathan flies Peter high above the city to avoid damage.
Nathan flies Peter into the atmosphere, holding onto him and sustaining radiation damage. He lets Peter go, and he explodes, damaging Nathan and causing him to plummet. Peter flies down and grabs Nathan, taking him to a hospital. Before a cop can question him, Peter turns invisible and escapes, only to be ambushed by Elle, who is with Bob.
"October 2? No, pal. Today. November 8th."
- A notice from Yamagato Industries on Hiro's blog states, "In light of the tragic events that has happened on November 8th, we have decided to shut down this blog. Yamagato Industries sends their deep condolences to those who lost their loved ones."
- Peter has a vision of himself exploding in a deserted New York City (Fallout). Whether this explosion occurs on November 8th or not is unclear.
- On Hiro's blog, Hiro (later credited to "Jotaro Kujo") posts a cryptic message in his blog on November 8, 2010.
- November 8th, 2006 was actually a Wednesday, therefore there would have been no election. November 8th was on Tuesday in 2005 and will be Tuesday in 2011. This conflicts more with Linderman's calendar than the newspaper, as the election results would not be known until the day after the election: Wednesday November 8th 2006.
- When Hiro travels forward in time to this date, he witnesses the explosion during daylight hours, similar to the events of Peter's visions of himself exploding. However, the actual showdown between Peter and Sylar, and subsequent explosion above New York, takes place at night.