Graphic Novel:Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, Part 1
From Heroes Wiki
|Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, Part 1|
|Released:||August 4, 2008|
|Story by:||Zach Craley|
|Art by:||Micah Gunnell|
|Digital Inks by:||Mark Roslan|
|Colors by:||Beth Sotelo|
|Produced by:||Aspen MLT Inc.|
|Easter Egg:||Behind the scenes image of Brea Grant and Masi Oka|
|Next:||Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, Part 2|
|Daphne Millbrook runs fast. Really, really fast.|
|Months prior to Evs Dropper's poisoning of the Company; it's still business as usual: tracking specials around the world, bagging and tagging them. Company agents almost never go into the field unless they're armed with the best intel and surveillance available. Prepare as you might, sometimes that just isn't enough—because one blink and you miss...Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration.|
Daphne Millbrook uses her ability to run really, really fast to shoplift. She runs away with several pairs of sunglasses and shoes. Meanwhile, Sabine and Julien are in their hotel room. Julien says that their target, a male, had committed thirty-six more robberies that afternoon. After stealing a crêpe, Daphne meets with Samir Mellouk, her employer, who buys things that she steals from museums and sells them back to their original countries.
After quickly completing a job and returning to his shop, Daphne heads to a museum. While there, Daphne decides that she wants to steal the Mona Lisa and enlists Samir's help. Daphne runs up to the Mona Lisa so quickly that they cannot be seen and Samir uses his ability to phase to take out the real painting and replace it with a fake. Afterwards, Daphne leaves while Samir walks home. Samir is confronted in an alley by Sabine and Julien and escapes by phasing through the ground and into the sewer. As he does this, Sabine says that they thought he was a "speedster". Samir phases through one Julien duplicate only to have his concentration broken by a punch from another.
A few days later, Daphne returns to Samir's place to find that he is gone. A bald man in glasses meets her there and says that Samir was always working for his group. In exchange for keeping her name from being mentioned, he offers Daphne a job in Japan and hands her a folder containing a picture of Kaito Nakamura.
- In the beginning of the novel, Daphne carries a box of shoes called Sotelos, named for Beth Sotelo, the colorist of the novel.
- The title of the novel is a reference to a line from The Blues Brothers.
- For images from Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, Part 1, see images from Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, Part 1.
- For the transcript from Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, Part 1, see the Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, Part 1 transcript.
- Graphic novels page on NBC.com
- Interactive comic on NBC.com — Note: Requires Flash Player 8 or above to view
- Downloadable PDF comic on NBC.com — Note: Requires Adobe Acrobat or compatible reader to view