Graphic Novel:Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, Part 2
From Heroes Wiki
|Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, Part 2|
|Released:||August 12, 2008|
|Story by:||DJ Doyle|
|Art by:||Micah Gunnell|
|Digital Inks by:||Mark Roslan|
|Colors by:||Beth Sotelo|
|Produced by:||Aspen MLT Inc.|
|Easter Egg:||Behind the scenes image of Ali Larter|
|Previous:||Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, Part 1|
| This article contains international text.|
Without proper rendering support, you may see question marks, boxes, or other symbols instead of the correct international text characters.
|N734 = the Power of the Scorned|
|Daphne Millbrook can steal anything. Egyptian artifacts? Done. Italian masterpieces? For fun. Mountains of shoes? Yes please!|
Nothing has been out of Daphne's grasp. But when a shadowy figure challenges her with a Tokyo heist, will Daphne be up to proving her mettle?
Daphne Millbrook races through a New York shipping yard and past a security guard unnoticed. She then breaks into a shipment container and steals a prototype. After hearing some noises, she leaves the yard as Peter Petrelli flees from the the Haitian, not far away.
Daphne then goes to Tokyo and meets with Yoji Hayata, a high ranking executive at Yamagato Industries, who has been stealing the company's secrets. Daphne offers the prototype that she stole in exchange for information on how to get into Kaito Nakamura's safe. Yoji, enraged, tells her that he wouldn't be able to get her in the safe even if he wanted to. He then calls for his men to capture Daphne but she quickly outsmarts them and then reaches Yoji, who tells her that only a Nakamura can enter the safe due to biometric locks. Daphne then flees Yoji's office to regroup, racing through the building to the roof, then leaping to the next building.
Two weeks later, Daphne overhears a newscast stating that Hiro Nakamura is now the new CEO of Yamagato Industries. Soon thereafter, Yoji sends Daphne a tip to a camera feed that shows Hiro and Ando talking. At Harajuko Station, she watches the feed and dashes off.
- The original version of this portion of the Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration graphic novels incorrectly displayed Zach Craley as the author. Also, the surveillance video Daphne watches was originally displayed using faded English text. Both corrections were published on August 13, 2008.
- The animated graphic novel also uses the faded English text in place of Japanese characters.
- As Daphne watches the surveillance feed, she hears Hiro say, "私の運命を、あなたの運命を、安藤は、金庫内に ある。" This roughly translates to, "My destiny, your destiny, Ando, is inside that safe."
- On the last page of the graphic novel, the word surveilling is incorrectly spelled "survailing".
- This graphic novel explains why the shipping container Peter was put into in Four Months Ago... was empty.
- Peter is incorrectly shown wearing a Jacket despite him being shirtless in the episode.
- For images from Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, Part 2, see images from Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, Part 2.
- For the transcript from Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, Part 2, see the Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, Part 2 transcript.
- Graphic novels page on NBC.com
- Interactive comic on NBC.com — Note: Requires Flash Player 8 or above to view
- Downloadable PDF comic on NBC.com — Note: Requires Adobe Acrobat or compatible reader to view