From Heroes Wiki
|Date of birth||11 January 1978|
|Origin||Long Beach, CA, USA|
Ryan Alosio is an American actor who holds dual citizenship in both Ireland and the United States. Alosio spent eleven years in various boarding schools, including three years in military academy, and graduated with honors from the Interlochen Arts Academy. Alosio then attended Northwestern University in Chicago, and New York University where he studied dramatic writing in the Tisch School of the Arts.
Throughout his career, Alosio has worked with such noted and award-winning actors as Gary Sinise, Patrick Dempsey, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Jason Alexander, Matthew Fox, Laura Dern, Mickey Rooney, Jane Seymour, Tony Shalhoub, Tess Harper, Kyra Sedgwick, and Elijah Wood. Alosio received the Austin Film Festival's Audience Award of Favorite New Actor for his lead role in the film The Hi-Line. Alosio has played roles in several theatrical stage productions including A Midsummer Night's Dream, Waiting For Godot, The Crucible, and Chicago.
Alosio has produced numerous film projects, and is a published writer and accomplished painter and photographer. His work has been featured in numerous gallery showings and printed in such noted publications as Rizzoli International Press's, Modern Americana, Modernism Magazine, The Times Magazine, and Marie Claire. Alosio was the lead singer and songwriter of the alt-rock band "Black Radio", which performed in such venues as The Viper Room, The Hard Rock, and The Los Angeles Music Awards.
He has also custom built numerous show-winning motorcycles and hot-rod cars.
- Ryan is the son of Academy Award nominated producer, Joy Ryan.
- Ryan appears on the cover of the CD Futures by "Jimmy Eat World".
- Ryan once lost 26 pounds to portray a young man with leukemia.
- Ryan won the Santa Barbara County's "CATE" Painter's Award at the age of sixteen.
- By the time he was twenty-two years old, Ryan had directed fifteen music videos.
- Ryan won the California State Silver Medal for high-jump (6' 2") in the state finals competition.
- Ryan has an Irish mother and an Italian father.