Sylar stands over a mistaken victim, Jackie Wilcox.
|First occurrence:||Don't Look Back|
As Sylar travels across North America, he leaves a growing number of victims.
Sylar has used several methods to attack his victims:
- Blunt force
- Electrocuting them
- Freezing them
- Impaling them
- Telekinetically throwing them and slicing them
Additionally, some victims have the top of their skulls cut off, and their brains removed. Sylar can replicate the special powers of his victims because he has intuitive aptitude, the ability to see how things work. (Six Months Ago)
- Mohinder Suresh discovers that Sylar owns an extensive collection of autopsy books in his apartment. It is implied that Sylar is perfecting his technique. (One Giant Leap)
- Not every victim is killed in this manner, as indicated by Sylar targeting evolved humans for brain removal in order to gain their powers.
List of Victims
|Bridget Bailey||Bridget is given to Sylar by Angela Petrelli.||One of Us, One of Them||Clairsentience|
|Bob Bishop||Sylar kills Bob and takes his ability.||The Butterfly Effect||Alchemy|
|Elle Bishop||After a romantic fling with Elle, Sylar realizes he cannot change from the monster he is, and slices open Elle's skull before burning her corpse.||The Eclipse, Part 2||None (he already had electric manipulation)|
|Gael Cruz||Sylar mistakenly opens Gael's skull, thinking he is special.||Dreams Until Death||None|
|A Danko team squad||When Sylar is ambushed by a squad that is attempting to capture him, he easily slaughters them all in Samson Gray's home.||A Clear and Present Danger||None|
|David||In July 2006, Sylar kills a white male in Chicago.||Turning Point||Unknown|
|Dennis||A level 5 escapee that Sylar hunts in his solo mission.||Viewpoints||None|
|Brian Davis||Sylar's first victim (while still known as Gabriel Gray/Gabriel Sylar) was (manually) hit from behind with a large crystal in April 2006. After Brian's murder, Sylar acquired his power of telekinesis.||Six Months Ago||Telekinesis|
|Echo DeMille||Throat slit at Primatech Research.||Dual||None|
|Derek||Sylar kills him with a brick at a shop in Mexico.||The Kindness of Strangers||None|
|An FBI agent||Sylar impales the agent who was guarding Molly at FBI Headquarters.||One Giant Leap||None|
|Meredith Gordon||Sylar injects Meredith with adrenaline, causing her to lose control of her ability and burn to death.||Dual||None|
|Virginia Gray||Sylar accidentally kills his adoptive mother when she attacks him with scissors.||The Hard Part||None|
|Hank||The Company medical professional is found dead in Sylar's cell after Sylar fakes his own death.||The Fix||None|
|Hank (Shadowboxing)||Sylar kills him while in control of Matt's body.||Shadowboxing||None|
|Alejandro Herrera||In a fight over Maya, Sylar fatally stabs Alejandro with a knife. Sylar was unable to take away his ability.||Truth & Consequences||None|
|Homeland Security agents||Sylar fights three DHS agents at the Olympic Coffee Shop and Restaurant; later he slays a group of them inside their van.||Building 26||None|
|Bianca Karina||Sylar mistakenly breaks Bianca's neck, thinking she isn't special.||Dreams Until Death||None|
|Sue Landers||Sylar kills Sue on her birthday, taking her powers to determine if Arthur and Angela lied about being his parents.||Our Father||Lie detection|
|Dr. Livitz||Attempting to save Peter, Sylar telekinetically throws Dr. Livitz against the wall, impaling him on wall fixtures.||Eris Quod Sum||None|
|Joe Macon||Sylar kills Joe in his office in Pittsburgh, PA.||Out of Town... On Business||Imprinting|
|Eden McCain||The Company agent is attacked by Sylar through his holding cell's glass, but shoots herself before he can take her power.||Fallout||None|
||Don't Look Back, .07%||Precognition|
|Tom Miller||Sylar pretends to be Rebel as Danko comes for Tom. After having Tom display his ability, Sylar kills him with his telekinesis.||I Am Sylar||Disintegration|
|Jesse Murphy||Sylar uses his telekinesis to trap Jesse in a bank he was helping to rob, then takes his ability.||One of Us, One of Them||Sound manipulation|
|Northeast Brewing Company trucker||Sylar kills the man who helped him; he telekinetically jams broken beer bottles into his body.||Road Kill||None|
|Nathan Petrelli||Sylar slits Nathan's throat using telekinesis.||An Invisible Thread||Flight|
|Arthur Petrelli||Sylar telekinetically stops a bullet fired by Peter, then asks Arthur if he is truly his father. When Sylar realizes Arthur is lying, he projects the bullet into Arthur's head.||Our Father||None|
|Danny Pine||Sylar cuts off Danny's arm. He is confirmed dead.||Dual||Unknown|
|Primatech guards||Sylar murders at least five guards at Primatech. Four guards are seen lying dead in the hallways. A fifth guard is seen dead in a chair with his throat slit.||Dual||None|
|A rabbit||Sylar cuts a rabbit with a knife||Shades of Gray||None|
|Dale Smither||Sylar gets overly excited when learning of her power. That night, he kills her.||Unexpected||Enhanced hearing|
|Theodore Sprague||On November 7, 2006 Sylar uses telekinesis to crash and flip a FBI truck holding Ted, then takes Ted's ability while he is dangling upside-down and still handcuffed.||Landslide||Induced radioactivity|
|Chandra Suresh||In a dream, Mohinder sees his father killed in a cab by an unseen figure wearing Sylar's watch, presumably Sylar himself.||Seven Minutes to Midnight||None|
|Sylar's decoy victim||In June 2006, Sylar gives his clothes to an old man as a decoy. Audrey is duped into thinking she found Sylar, and shoots the old man.||Turning Point||None|
|Zane Taylor||Sylar remembers the man's name from Chandra's map, and impersonates Mohinder Suresh to meet him. Sylar then steals his identity and power.||Run!||Melting|
|Uniformed police officer||In an unaired scene, Sylar freezes a cop guarding Molly.||One Giant Leap (unaired scene)||None|
|Unknown victim from Barstow||Audrey mentions a victim from Barstow, CA, who was killed in a manner similar to Sylar's other victims, but who survived long enough to say Sylar's name.||Don't Look Back||None|
|James Walker||On October 2, 2006, James Walker, Molly Walker's father, is found dead in his home, his head frozen and his brain removed.||Don't Look Back||Freezing|
|Mrs. Walker||Molly Walker's mother is found pinned to the side of the staircase with household objects, with no sign of physical contact.||Don't Look Back||None|
|Jackie Wilcox||Mistaking her for Claire Bennet, Sylar kills the cheerleader at Union Wells High School. This fulfills the painting by Isaac and Peter.||Homecoming||None|
|Candice Willmer||Sylar smashes a coffee cup over her head, and uses a shard to gain access to the brain, but he is unable to take her ability because of the Shanti Virus.||Kindred||None|
|Trevor Zeitlan||Sylar's second victim (while still known as Gabriel Gray/Gabriel Sylar) was telekinetically held against a wall as Sylar took his ability.||Villains||Shattering|
List of Attempted Victims
In a locker room Sylar forcibly throws Claire aside to focus on Jackie Wilcox; Claire is promptly saved by regeneration.
The Second Coming
|Noah Bennet|| Sylar telekinetically throws his former captor against the repaired glass window.
Sylar throws Noah across Kirby Plaza.
Sylar restrains Noah and attempts to kill him by cutting his throat before Hiro Nakamura intervenes.
How to Stop an Exploding Man
The Eclipse, Part 2
|Sandra Bennet||At the Bennets' home, Sylar causes Sandra to be thrown into a glass bookshelf.||Distractions|
|Audrey Hanson||When the agent draws her gun on Sylar and orders him to stop, she is somehow hurled backward. Sylar then makes her point her gun at her own head. Matt arrives and fires several shots at the suspect, ending the ordeal.||One Giant Leap|
|Maya Herrera||When Maya realizes Sylar killed her brother, he shoots her in the chest before she can lose control, killing her. However, she is later brought back to life with some of Claire's blood.||Powerless|
|Captain Lubbock||In the House of Mirrors at the carnival, Sylar electrocutes Captain Lubbock. Sylar walks away before Lubbock is killed by Edgar.||Tabula Rasa|
|Ando Masahashi||Ando arrives at Isaac's loft to battle Sylar, but Sylar sneaks up behind him and attempts to cut his throat. However, Hiro comes in and quickly saves Ando from being killed.||How to Stop an Exploding Man|
|Hiro Nakamura||Sylar tries to finish Hiro by throwing him across Kirby Plaza, but Hiro teleports away before crashing into the building behind him.||How to Stop an Exploding Man|
|Matt Parkman||After Matt fires several shots at Sylar, Sylar stops the bullets telekinetically, then projects them back at Matt. Matt later recovers from his wounds (presumably through hospital care).||How to Stop an Exploding Man, Four Months Later...|
|Angela Petrelli||When Sylar regains his body, he makes Angela and Peter dine with him. After he finishes a pie, begins to open Angela's skull but Nathan's memories take over him and he turns back into Nathan.||Thanksgiving|
|Peter Petrelli|| Sylar pursues Peter at Homecoming. He grabs Peter, and they both fall off the bleachers at Union Wells High School, onto the pavement below. Peter, lying twisted and mangled on the ground, adopts Claire's power of regeneration and survives.
Sylar telekinetically pinning Peter to the wall and unsuccessfully attempts to cut the top of Peter's head off. A moment later, Sylar impales Peter in the back of the head with a shard of glass. Peter is temporarily killed, but regenerates after Claire removes the shard.
Sylar telekinetically chokes Peter, then uses a parking meter to hit Peter.
Sylar battles Peter and Nathan in the Stanton Hotel, throwing Peter to the floor, but not before he successfully takes shape shifting from him, leaving him with some cuts and bruises. Peter later defeats Sylar by injecting him with a tranquilizer.
Sylar attacks Peter and Angela at Thanksgiving dinner after regaining control from Nathan's mind. He pins Peter to the wall and attempts to cut open Angela's head, but Nathan manages to regain control and fly away before he can do anything else.
Sylar attacks Peter, disguised as Nurse Hammer, in order to get revenge on him, but Peter tricks him and neutralizes his powers. Sylar attempts to fight Peter physically, but is defeated.
How to Stop an Exploding Man
An Invisible Thread
The Fifth Stage
|Daniel Simmons||Sylar tortures him in order to know where his father is.||A Clear and Present Danger,Trust and Blood|
|Samuel Sullivan||Sylar pins Samuel against his trailer and tries to kill him, but is grievously injured by Samuel before he can harm him.||Let It Bleed|
|Mohinder Suresh||Sylar pins a bloodied Mohinder to the ceiling of his New York apartment.||Parasite|
|Molly Walker||After failing to locate her at her parents' home, Sylar attempts to abduct James Walker's daughter from FBI Headquarters in Los Angeles.||One Giant Leap|
Victims from Alternate Timelines
- Sylar kills Claire Bennet in 2006 (String Theory), and an alternate dark-haired Claire in 2011, stealing her ability to heal.(Explosion future) (Five Years Gone)
- Sylar kills Candice Willmer and steals her ability to create illusions. (Explosion future) (Five Years Gone)
- Sylar kills Nathan Petrelli and steals both his identity and his ability to fly. (Explosion future) (Five Years Gone)
- Sylar kills D.L. Hawkins and steals his ability to phase. (Explosion future) (Five Years Gone)
- Gabriel explodes and destroys Costa Verde, causing the deaths of 200,000 people, including Knox, Daphne, and Mr. Muggles.(Exposed future) (I Am Become Death)
- Sylar killed Charlie Andrews in the original timeline in 2006, but Hiro Nakamura from the year 2009 has since changed the past, manipulating Sylar to help him save her. (Once Upon a Time in Texas)
"We've pieced a trail across a dozen states. All people impaled by household objects. Bones broken. All without any traceable sign of physical contact. But only some of them involve any mutilation of the head or neck, so they don't see the connections."
"You're not a killer Peter...I am."
"How many of them are there? A dozen? ... Two dozen?"
"How many people have I killed... hundreds I suppose."
"And as long as you saved his girlfriend you could kill some more, willy nilly."
"All I know is that once I'm free from the temptation of my ability..."
"Mm-mm? You're going to be normal? I'm sorry, that ship sailed 50 murders ago."
- In an interview with writers Joe Pokaski and Aron Coleite, they said that three months ago is both when Audrey took the Sylar case, and when Sylar's murders attracted major attention.
- Audrey Hanson mistakenly attributes the death of Dr. Robert Fresco to Sylar. (Nothing to Hide)
- Audrey Hanson states that eight murders are linked to Sylar, which would exclude murders done after the killing of the unnamed FBI agent. (Nothing to Hide)
- Audrey Hanson states that she's pieced together a trail connected to Sylar across a dozen states, implying that he's killed at least 11 people before killing James Walker and his wife. (One Giant Leap)
- Sylar is seen wearing the same broken wristwatch as Chandra's killer in Mohinder's dream (Seven Minutes to Midnight). Assuming the dream is accurate, Chandra Suresh is likely one of Sylar's victims. If so, then why he was killed in such a different fashion from the others likely has some significance.
- Eden McCain believed that Sylar was Chandra's killer; she tells Mohinder she's going to take care of his father's killer right before her encounter with Sylar. (Fallout)
- Mohinder tells the FBI that six people on the list have been killed, including Charlie Andrews and James Walker. (Fallout) Brian Davis and Trevor Zeitlan are also on the list. Two other victims prior to Charlie had their brains exposed, implying they may be the remaining two victims from the list.
- Sylar tends to assume the identity of his victims. He has used the identities of Zane Taylor, Nathan Petrelli, James Martin, and Isaac Mendez to his advantage after killing them. He has also used Mohinder's identity when falsely identified by Zane, and Micah's identity when falsely identified by Tom Miller.
- Sylar has killed at least 50 people. In Pass/Fail, the Sylar in Hiro's subconscious claims he may have killed hundreds.
Sylar takes Claire's ability while she retains consciousness.
(The Second Coming)
- For a complete gallery of Sylar's victims, see the gallery.
Please refer to Theory:Sylar's victims for fan-created theories and other speculation.
Adam's • Amanda's • Arthur's • Becky's • Danko's • Doyle's • Echo's • Edgar's • Eli's • Elle's • Fusor's accomplice's • Jessica's • Knox's • Linda's • Luke & Joanne's • Maya's • Mohinder's • Noah's • Peter's • René's • Samuel's • Sylar's • Ted's • Tracy's • The Watcher's
|Other Lists: Articles Related to Characters • Articles Related to Elements • Miscellaneous Lists|