Gabriel Gray's nom de crime is inspired by the Sylar watch.
|First mentioned:||Seven Minutes to Midnight|
|Current status:||Broken, in Sylar's possession|
Sylar's watch is an analog watch with a cracked face.
Later, after Chandra decides to no longer continue testing Gabriel for signs that he's an evolved human, Gabriel summons another of Chandra's potential subjects, Brian Davis, to his shop. Glancing at the face of the watch he has repaired, he decides to abandon his old life for good, and introduces himself as "Sylar" — the maker's name on the watch.
When Maya asks for his name, Sylar glances at his broken watch, but calls himself "Gabriel Gray".
Four years in the future, Peter Petrelli comes to Sylar for his ability. Sylar, who now goes by his real name Gabriel, tells Peter that in order to access his ability, he must first fix his watch and figure out how it works. Peter does this successfully.
Charlie calls the watch a "Sylar Field Edition" which was modeled after a Russian watch brought back to America by an Allied commander named John Pershing.
|This section is a stub. You can help by .|
- Seven minutes to midnight was the position of the Doomsday Clock when the episode Seven Minutes to Midnight aired.
- It is unclear whether or not the watch is functioning when Sylar arrives at Union Wells High School (Homecoming). The watch reads 8:30 when he arrives at Zane Taylor's home (Road Kill). Given his expertise as a watchmaker, this would seem to be a simple repair for Sylar. Jason Badower, the artist behind Road Kill said in a forum post that he used the watch from Six Months Ago as a model for the watch in the graphic novel. He said he never made the connection that the watch should be still be broken or that it should read 11:53.
- Since Sylar is wearing the watch after his escape from Primatech Paper Co., he must have retrieved it before leaving. (Road Kill)
- The Sylar brand watch appears to be a modified Hamilton watch, called the Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical.
- A fan re-created a Sylar watch based on the Hamilton model with photos and videos at http://www.sylarwatch.com.
- The watch was broken on the 24th of an unknown month (presumably September). (I Am Become Death)
- The font exclusively for the "Sylar" brand is Bauhaus Md BT.
In the future, a broken Sylar brand watch...
- For other uses of watch, see watch (disambig).
Ando's watch • Aron's diamonds • Claire's necklace • Claire's heart necklace • Danko's pocket watch • Mohinder's ring • Noah's watch • Petrelli rings • Skull ring • Sylar's watch • Symbol necklace • Tracy's necklace
|Other Things: Artwork • Clothing • Documents • Drugs • Food • Items • Media • Medical Conditions • Money • Phones • Publications • Research • Technology • Vehicles • Weapons|