Talk:Portal:Recurring Characters/Season One
From Heroes Wiki
Elisa Thayer's cell size is a bit larger than the others in my browser (IE 6.0). Any idea why? —Ted C 16:08, 23 January 2007 (EST)
- Never mind, found it. —Ted C 16:09, 23 January 2007 (EST)
Demote some folks?
OK, the basic rule for this category was that the character a) had to appear in more than one episode and b) had to have some sort of story. It's getting kind of long, so we either need to split it into two pages (which we'll probably have to do eventually) or demote some people to Minor Characters. I'd nominate Molly Walker, Tom McHenry, and Nirand. They all have a little story and a couple episodes, but they're the weak links here. Thoughts? —Hardvice (talk) 00:36, 31 January 2007 (EST)
- Sounds about right to me. Although, I'd demote Sheriff Davidson first. - RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 01:26, 31 January 2007 (EST)
Why exactly did we move Hank? He's dead, he forces a fourth row here, and there's an unadjusted opening on Portal:Minor3. Plus, the cast navbar (and the cast portals) weren't updated to match. There are lots of people in Minor Characters who have appeared more than once; everybody else in Recurring has at least a little bit of a story of their own. Unless anybody has any major objections, I'm going to move him back. He doesn't really fit and the change was only made in a half-assed fashion anyway.—Hardvice (talk) 17:28, 27 May 2007 (EDT)
Kaito as Deceased
- I'm conflicted about marking Kaito as deceased in this portal, since he doesn't die in Season One. I personally think he should be left alive here and marked as deceased in the Season Two portal.—Hardvice (talk) 03:53, 25 September 2007 (EDT)
- Wait, are we sure Kaito is dead? I'd keep him alive until at least next ep. Maybe he gives some final words to Ando.—MiamiVolts (talk) 04:05, 25 September 2007 (EDT)
- He's got a death date listed in the Museum of Natural History. Tough call. — RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 06:15, 25 September 2007 (EDT)
- Kaito, not Kensei. But yeah, keep Kensei alive in Season Two.—Bob 05:29, 27 September 2007 (EDT)
Chandra and Hank
Comparing this list of characters appearing in at least 4 episodes with my own, I was happy to see that they look just about the same :) A couple of things didn't match though:
- Did Chandra really make 4 appearances? The actor was credited only for three (Seven Minutes to Midnight, Homecoming, Six Months Ago) and Heroes Wiki also list only these three appearances of him. Should the HW list of appearances be corrected, or shall Chandra be off this portal?
- Colby French, the actor playing Hank is credited in the openings of 4 episodes (Better Halves, Godsend, The Fix and Distractions), but HW doesn't mention him as appearing in Distraction. Now I know that we base everything on actual appearance, not credits (as it should be) but is it possible that Hank does appear in Distraction, but his appearance is overlooked by HW? Maybe as a corpse? —Pierre 08:42, 26 October 2008 (EDT)
- Colby French did, indeed, appear in the opening moments of Distractions. Because it was basically archival footage of him lying there for less than a moment, we didn't include that as another appearance. We did the same for the Odessa deputy and others. See Episode talk:Distractions#Hank. (Don't ask about the Golden Moms thing...) Way to keep us honest! — RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 11:54, 26 October 2008 (EDT)
Surely he made enough appearances? Therequiembellishere 20:09, 3 December 2008 (EST)
- Just three appearances. The cutoff for Season One is four appearances. :( Funny that he's appeared more times dead than he has alive. — RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 22:41, 3 December 2008 (EST)
- When did she appear in Fallout? Also, I'm not sure a picture of her in Sylar's eye counts as an appearance (we didn't count is for Virginia Gray, Brian Davis, or anybody else). — RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 10:11, 28 March 2009 (EDT)
We really should consider the recurring limit to be 3 appearances or more. If you think about it, we've given recurring statuts to characters like the Campaign Manager, Sheriff Davidson and Mr. Muggles, yet more important characters like Daniel Linderman, Meredith Gordon, Charlie Andrews, Chandra Suresh and Charles Deveaux are considered minor characters. Plus, if we updated it to 3 appearances, then we could include characters like Nirand, Aron Malsky and Hank, making the minor portals much smaller and easier to look through. Just a suggestion. —JD101 20:17, 16 April 2009
- Check the discussion here. I don't think we should change policy so we include characters some deem important. We should set the policy, then let the chips fall where they may. Reducing the appearance cutoff to three would certainly include the characters you mentioned above, but it would also include characters like Lynette, Mohinder the lizard, and Linderman's guard, essentially putting all those recurring characters on one level. I think that degrades the "value" of a recurring character, personally. It would also make this portal have 37 cells in it, which is humongous for one portal. Not ideal. :) — RyanGibsonStewart (talk) 22:25, 16 April 2009 (EDT)
- That's true. Good thing I didn't try to change it!!