|Held by:||Micah Sanders|
|Ability to:||Manipulate electronics|
|Examples of technopathy|
Technopathy is the ability to control and manipulate electronics with the mind.
Micah's power of technopathy seems to work with or without contact with electronics. He has been able to access the technology of broken items as well as working items. He describes his power as talking to machines. He can identify even the slightest signals in technology and uses electronics around him for tracking purposes.
Micah manipulated traffic signals without touching them (Powerless), but he was also using Niki's cell phone to track Monica's at the time. He also controlled a computer without actually touching it (One of Us, One of Them). However, his hand was only a few inches away from it. He seems to have developed enough control over his ability to control systems at short range, but he needs a communication device to affect more distant systems.
Micah demonstrated that he can order various systems to do things through his cell phone (Cold Snap). This is similar to what he did with the traffic signal, but these are more complex systems. He was able to trigger an alarm for poisonous gas at Union Station, and he ordered the fire-suppression system to set off the sprinklers, using his phone to relay the commands.
Micah has used this ability to hack into various systems from an unknown distance and perform various functions. His ability also allows him to bypass even the strongest government firewalls with ease, as seen when he hacks into Operations twice within 3 days (Cold Snap). He however has to get "into" the system beforehand.
Micah was able to reach out to and program a crane to hit Eric Thompson, Jr. shortly after waking up from being tranquilized. The crane wasn't in Micah's immediate vicinity, but it was within his line of sight. Within seconds, he also contacted the rest of Rebel and added Thompson to every "ten most wanted" lists across the country. (Rebellion, Part 5)
In the years following the revelation of evolved humans, Micah has become quite adept at using his ability. He has been able to hack into many systems, create firewall protection around himself, and broadcast videos globally. (Dark Matters)
Micah "talks" to a voting machine.
Micah convinces a cable box to show him free pay-per-view.
(The Kindness of Strangers)
Micah has developed enough control over his ability that he can control his computer without actually touching it.
(One of Us, One of Them)
"What do you want me to do?"
"What comes naturally -- talking to machines."
"How did you do that?"
"I told the lights I needed them to be off for a while."
"You told 'em?"
"Can you tell the sprinklers what to do?"
"I can tell the fire alarm to do what I want it to do."
- Micah solders a circuit-board. He appears to have an innate understanding of the physical wiring and mechanics of electronics. (Genesis)
- Micah receives a $2,000 laptop from his grandfather. Within minutes, Micah dissembles the laptop, appearing to know exactly how the machine works. (Six Months Ago)
- In an interview, Bryan Fuller said that Micah's powers allow him to communicate with electronics "like R2D2".
- Peter has been in close proximity to Micah (How to Stop an Exploding Man), but has not displayed this ability.
- Heroes Interactive says that Micah's "power gives him control over almost anything electronic or electrical."
- For the similar ability to control communication devices and manipulate electronic messages, see electronic communication.
- For the similar ability to communicate with animals, see animal control.
- For other abilities that end with the suffix -pathy, see -pathy (disambig).
- For other uses of manipulation, see manipulation (disambig).
Please refer to Theory:Technopathy for fan-created theories and other speculation.