From Heroes Wiki
Rachel Mills teleports across the room.
|Held by:||Manuel Garcia (deceased), |
|Ability to:||Instantly move between two locations|
|Examples of teleportation|
Teleportation is the ability to instantly move between two locations.
- Manuel Garcia has demonstrated this ability. (Into the Wild, Part 3)
- Rachel Mills has demonstrated this ability. (The Recruit, Part 1)
- A trainee at the specials training facility has demonstrated this ability. (Reaching Out, Part 1)
- According to NBC.com's interactive map, Tracy Chobham's ability is teleportation. (Heroes Evolutions)
Manuel was in the process of teleporting when he died. (Into the Wild, Part 3) Differently from Rachel, Manuel simply fades when teleporting.
Rachel Mills has demonstrated the capability of quickly teleporting in order to escape from dangerous situations. When she teleports, she glows, and then disappears. (The Recruit, Part 1) Rachel has also shown she is capable of accessing her ability unconsciously, as she teleported herself out of bed and onto the floor of her room at the end of a nightmare. (Chapter 2 of The Agent) Thus far, she has only shown capability of teleporting small distances, about a few dozen feet. However, she is capable of teleporting vertically in addition to horizontally, such as onto the roof of an apartment building. (Chapter 3 of The Agent)
In Hanging By a Thread, she uses teleportation a few times to escape from a locked room in a tall building by falling and then teleporting until she got to the bottom. This implies that she can only teleport short distances. However, Rachel teleports a distance miles away when Sylar sends a bolt of lightning through her while she is porting. It should be noted, though, that the teleport did not go smoothly as Rachel materialized in the ground instead of on top of it. (alternative storyline of Chapter 9 of The Agent)
The fact that she can teleport from heights and reach the ground unharmed, in addition with being able to teleport safely out of a moving car (alternative storyline of Chapter 6 of The Agent), seems to suggest that her teleportation can cancel momentum. Otherwise, the momentum from the car or her fall would continue her movement when the teleportation completed. Rachel also teleported into an airborne helicopter, so her ability may also allow her to teleport into moving vehicles safely. (Exodus, Chapter 10 of The Agent)
In addition, Rachel can use her ability to teleport at least one person with her when she teleports. She teleports with Howie Kaplan to the ground in order to save him from a fall (Hanging By a Thread), and she teleports with Anna up and into an abandoned office building. (Chapter 7 of The Agent) In both of those encounters, Rachel held the person's hand when teleporting with them. However, it appears Rachel does not have to be touching part of the person's skin to teleport with them. While only hanging on to his collar, Rachel teleported with Commander Klassen to a midair position twenty feet above a fire escape. (Chapter 8 of The Agent)
When teleporting out of the blast of an explosion at the abandoned office building, Rachel feels as though she is in two places at once. When she completely materializes next to a truck, she experiences intense pain. (Chapter 8 of The Agent)
Rachel Mills teleports across the room...
...and materializes after teleporting away from a collapsing ceiling.
Rachel doesn't allow a locked door to block her path.
"Oh my God. What was that?"
"It was nothing."
- In an interview performed by email, writer Mark Sable confirmed that Manuel Garcia is "just a teleporter, and unable to teleport the distances that Hiro can." Whether this means that Manuel's ability works the same way as Hiro's is currently unknown.
- It is unknown if the unconfirmed ability called "transportation" is related to teleportation.
- An aspect of space-time manipulation is teleportation.
- For the similar ability to store objects in a different space and retrieve them at will, see dimensional storage.
- For the similar power of manipulating the time-space continuum, see space-time manipulation.
- For the similar ability of transporting objects through space and time, see enhanced teleporting.
Please refer to Theory:Teleportation for fan-created theories and other speculation.