From Heroes Wiki
"The Hulk is RED!?"
|First reference:||The Crane|
First appearing in The Incredible Hulk, Issue #1 in May 1962, The Hulk is known for being emotional and impulsive. He is the alter ego of physicist Bruce Banner, who is much more quiet and reserved. Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale's Hulk: Gray (2004) explores how Banner became The Hulk. Normally, the Hulk is portrayed as green, a color that was chosen by Stan Lee himself. In January 2008, Jeph Loeb debuted Red Hulk, a villain who erases all files about The Hulk. The Hulk's cousin, Jennifer Walters, is known as She-Hulk. Some of the many Hulk abilities are enhanced strength and regeneration.
Hiro, whose "brain is [still] scrambled", tells Ando that they must "turn Bruce Banner back into the Hulk." Later, Hiro sees Mohinder lying on the floor of his hospital cell, drugged and deprived of his super strength. Hiro yells through cell door, "HUULLK! GRRNGH!" and makes "super strength" motions with his arms.
- In Hiro's blog entry 1784.0, Hiro says, "To fly like Superman, to heal like Wolverine, to be strong like the Hulk. Who would have thought all my dreams would come true." This is most likely an allusion to the abilities of Nathan, Claire and Niki, respectively.
- Ted Sprague says, "You're gonna upset me. Do you know what happens when I get upset?" (Company Man). This is possibly an homage to the famous "Don't make me angry" quote by Bill Bixby portraying Dr. Bruce Banner in The Incredible Hulk 70s-era TV series.
- One of Milos Milicevic's characters is credited as "hulk".
- Hulk, Issue #1 (also known as Red Hulk) actually appears anachronistically in The Eclipse, Part 1. That episode takes place some time in the spring of 2007. Jeph Loeb's Hulk was not published until January 2008.
- A number of the Heroes crew have also worked on The Hulk comics in real life:
A promotion for Hulk: Red is displayed at Sam's Comics.
A Hulk-like character walks down the streets of Baudelaire.
|Other References: References to Books and Authors • References to Films • References to Games • References to Heroes • References to Other Works • References to Television • References to People • Miscellaneous References|