From Heroes Wiki
The following fan theories are about Isaac Mendez.
For help on adding theories, see the help section.
| Theory || Citations || Notes
| Isaac will eventually come back to life. || None || + Isaac's death was similar to a crucifixion (the way Christ was killed in the Bible), which could mean that he will eventually show up in the final episodes or future seasons.|
- - Jesus was crucified. Isaac has his head chopped off. The two are not similar.
+ Super heroes have a tendency to return from the grave in all comic book titles.
- In an interview, Santiago Cabrera insisted that Isaac's Christ-like demise was nothing intentional and would have been blasphemous if his legs were together. He goes on saying that it was probably a Da Vinci Code (though he seems to mean Da Vinci's Vitruvian Man) kind of pose - an extraordinary epic way to go out.
- He also says, in the same interview, that Isaac is definitely dead and that it would cheapen the show to bring him back.
- The parallel to the crucifixion is probably more along the lines that Isaac willingly gave his life to Sylar, which was something new to our favorite villain.
| Isaac is related to Maya and Alejandro. He was their older brother. || None || + They all speak Spanish. One of the men in the group of twelve photograph was Hispanic.|
- • Sharing race, culture and language does not make one related.
+ Isaac said to Simone the paintings he made while high, and his power, were 'evil' and repeatedly made statements that indicated his religious convictions mirrored those exhibited by Maya, who also believes her power is a Devil's curse.
- • Sylar thinks the same of his power, at first.
- Maya and Alejandro's last name is Herrera. Isaac's last name was Mendez. They may only share one parent.
- If ethnicity, language, and religious nature are all that's required to show possible relation then Isaac is possibly related to 87% of South and Central America.
| Isaac and Ted Sprague are brothers. || None || + They look similar and we don't know who Ted's parents and Isaac's mother are.|
+ They both have powers. Some brothers showed abilities, like Peter and Nathan.
- - By that logic, D.L. and Knox could also be siblings, as well as Tracy and Meredith.
| Someone else with the power to paint the future is writing/illustrating the 9th Wonders! comic books under Isaac's name. || None || + Isaac said that 'Hiro in the future' would be the last of the series, while there were clearly at least four after that.|
+ The guys at the comic shop in Kansas now know that Isaac is dead but it doesn't mean the comic is. Isaac had died months ago, and the comic was still being published, and people pretending that someone is alive when they're not isn't uncommon.
- - They already knew Isaac was dead; they didn't learn it when Hiro, Ando and Matt visited them.
- - They also confirmed that some of Isaac's work was published after his death, it takes time for a comic to be colored, typeset, printed and distributed.
- + In season one, Linderman says he collects all of Isaac's works because he knows they have a meaning. In Linderman's vault he has a lot of other art work ranging from ancient scrolls and pre school crayons to the works of Isaac. That means other people are doing artwork with the same power and Linderman, also maybe others are observing them. Possible another artist is continuing the comics either in 9th wonders or another series.
- - Just because Linderman collects other works of art doesn't mean they're all from precognitive artists.